Chit Chat

It's Friday!!!

I am so glad that Friday is finally here! This weekend is going to be awesome!

Tomorrow I have my second fitting. I am so excited to see how the alterations turned out. (AW) I dropped another 10 pounds since my last fitting, so it may need to be taken in again, but that's ok! My MOH/BFF is coming and then we are doing in home mani/pedis. After, FI and I are hosting a little get together pool party/bbq so that will be fun!

Sunday all of my in state BMs are coming over and I am having an invite stuffing party (their idea). I found some great recipes for different sliders, so I am really excited to have some bonding and food time!

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
SmileDamnitKatieinBkln

Re: It's Friday!!!

• Yay for second fitting and congrats on the weight loss!

We are going camping, with paint balling and rafting, in the Poconos this weekend with my one-and-only aunt and her bf's family.  It's going to be super fun.  And after Lynda's story I will be extra careful rafting.

Fi is so hyper excited because we used to camp every summer, and with law school we just haven't been able to the past two years.  We broke out all the old camping stuff from his parents' garage, sorted through everything, and our house looks like EMS exploded.  But it's all good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

sarawifenow
  • I'm having my bridal shower tomorrow! YAY!

FI is going out of town with some buddies to the same location they plan to have his bachelor party at. So, I guess it's a "pre-bachelor" party?! Ha, boys...

I'm hoping to start working on invites this weekend too!

sarawifenow
  • Yay for second fitting!!!

Sunday is my second wedding anniversary. I got my DH an 80 min massage at the hotel/spa he is currently staying at. He confessed he didn't do anything for me, so I told him he can make it up to me on my birthday!

I'm also planning on getting my wig trimmed and styled on Sunday. It's going to take some time to get used to. Even though it's my hair, it has a lot less volume than my actual head of hair. So, it's just different.

sarawifenowbeethery
  • Awesome job on the weight loss! I wish I could get my butt in gear. I only want to lose 5 and I can't even manage to do that. Have fun this weekend with all of the friends and BMs you have coming over!

This weekend should be fun. Tonight FI and I are going to a friend's house for a get together. One of our friends is moving to Texas next weekend so we're all getting together to send her off. We're also going to the bar after for a little while to meet up with more friends. FI and I have become so unsocial lately so I'm excited to finally get out and see other people.

Tomorrow is the giant Riesling festival that happens annually in our town. It's one of the best festivals of the summer. There's 14 wineries, 8 or 9 breweries, tons of food, crafts, and it's all down by lake so we get views of the water while we drink. Plus the weather is supposed to be lows 80s and all sunny. We've already made plans to go out to breakfast beforehand, go to the festival with his parents, and then go out for sush for dinner.

Sunday will be lowkey. I may try and get a haircut and do a ton of wedding stuff. I need to take labels off of wine bottles, paint them, and clean jars out for candles. FI will *hopefully* finish painting and putting back together our full bathroom so I can use it again. It's going to look so much nicer once he's done. I can't wait!

sarawifenow
  • @SaraBrideSoon your weekend sounds wonderful! I haven't had a mani/pedi in forever!

I have my first dress fitting tomorrow. I haven't seen my dress since June of last year and I could not be more excited to see it again. We are flying out FMIL tonight so that she can attend, she has never been so happy haha! After the fitting F and his brother are doing one of those 5k rugged man races, so we will drive about 45 minutes to a really pretty area to watch that.

@beachyone15 have fun at your bridal shower!! :))

sarawifenowbeachyone15
  • I'm finally going to the beach this weekend!

SO's grandmother rented a house in Wildwood NJ so we're going down there for a couple days.  He is on call tomorrow night, so we won't leave until we know if he gets called in, so either Saturday night or Sunday morning. 

My dad is coming over tonight to start planning the drywall job in my basement, so maybe we can start on that before I leave tomorrow.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

sarawifenow
  • Yay for second fitting and bridal shower! 

We might go to a Yankee game tonight. I don't know. It's still up in the air. 

Tomorrow, we're going for a hike. Then I'm making more centerpieces. That night we're going out to dinner with some friends. 

Sunday we're going out on the boat. 
    sarawifenow
  • I'm going to see my chiro today!!  So excited!!  After3 days of tumbling in a row, my hips needs to be straightened out again.  

I've got a wedding shower to go to.  Yay.  At least I got some gift ideas for her, the girl with no registry who wants cash for their non existent HM.  Apparently, they like to cook, so she's getting a cookbook (New InterCourses) and maybe some gadget or something to go with it.  I still need to shop for it. 

sarawifenow
  • Congratulations on the weight loss! It wold take me forever to lose 20 lbs :)

Tonight FI is seeing a friend he goes to college with who just came back for the summer. They are having a guys night reunion type thing so FI is just staying in Raleigh because he has to work (also in Raleigh, 45 minutes from home) in the morning. That means I get the house to myself and will enjoy a bottle of wine while reading and watching TV.

Tomorrow we are moving FSIL and her FI out of Fi's parents house (they have been staying there since the moved back from Wilmington and finding jobs) to their house they will be renting. Then that evening we have a wedding for the family to go to.

Sunday, FI works again so I'll go to church by myself. Whenever I get home I'll fix lunch and get meals prepped for the week.

sarawifenow
  • Wow congrats on the weight loss!!! You go girl!

This afternoon my parents are coming into town and DH and I are suuuuper excited to see them. We are celebrating their 30th anniversary while they're here. We're taking them out to a nice dinner tonight, and a cubs game tomorrow. And tomorrow afternoon, my mom and I might go and get pedicures and/or go shopping for a formal dress for this stupid wedding we have next weekend. Squee!
    imageimage">
    sarawifenow
  • We actually have a pretty laxed weekend this week!

Tonight we'll run to Costco and food shop and most likely clean and do laundry.

Tomorrow we might go to a food truck festival with my BFF and her H.  Their central AC went so instead of the food truck festival they might come over to spend some time by the pool and soak up our AC.  BFF's idea was for them to bring some wine and sleep over.  Works for me!

Sunday we plan on spending by the pool.  I'm looking forward to it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    sarawifenow
  • I'm so impressed with the weight loss - you work it, girl! I'm going to try to get back into Barre now that the wedding is over (...backward approach, I do realize ;) ) but we'll see if I can stay motivated. This weekend - *I think*- should be fairly chill. We need to take an impromptu trip to AFW after yesterday's freak storm took out patio table & umbrella. Oops. Beyond that, I've got nothing. And I love it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    sarawifenow
  • Great, am i the only one who has to work?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    sarawifenow
  • Yay for the weight loss.   I would like to drop 10 pounds.   I just can't seem to make it happen.   

I have to say I'm a little excited the housekeeper is coming today.   Last time she came I said to skip a week.    Both DH I regret that choice.   We like when she comes once a week.   It appears we both are cleaner knowing she was just there and returning in a few days.     Not that we are dirty, it's just we are not as quick to straighten up.    

The rest of our weekend includes work.  DH was told July was the busiest month.  Well so far August is looking like a busier month.   It seems that his reputation has gotten out and the amount of covers he is doing keeps increasing which is awesome.    Bad news he has to work all the time.    
    As he left for work today he said "26 days till a day off."   It was so cute.  The only reason he knows that his is getting off that day is because we have tickets on Jet Blue to fly to a wedding.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    sarawifenow
  • I get to pick up my dress this weekend! I'm nervous about storing it at home, but excited to try it on again. I'm also thinking about taking a staycation. We moved two weeks ago, and due to an issue with our gas line, we haven't been able to get the gas turned on. And of course the gas powers the dryer, stove, and hot water heater. I know it's 105 degrees out, but dammit, I want a hot shower!
    sarawifenowlyndausvi
  • I lost 6lbs since Bar Harbor. Yay SlimFast shakes, and occasional burritos! I'm going to keep it in my head that I absorb less calories from them since I always uhhh... don't feel good after I eat them.

But I eat them anyway. I'm gross, whatever!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

sarawifenowlyndausvibirdybride2014theartistformerlyknownas
  • I have to do some freelance work this weekend.

Great, am i the only one who has to work?!

But I also have my first dress fitting and tonight FI is going out with the guys so I have the house to myself, which will help me get some of the work done. And I'm going to write some letters to mail to people.

We are planning on going to friends pool for a bit Saturday, but then it's more work for me on Sunday. :-( oh well, extra money....

Have a great weekend ladies!
    sarawifenow
  • @raissyrais‌ I'm in the same boat; I work all weekend. And to add insult to injury, FI is away for the weekend for his bachelor party and I've developed a summer cold. 

Oh well, I have to remind myself how much fun I had at my bachelorette last weekend. And that we only have 29 days until the wedding!
    sarawifenowraissyrais

We are going camping, with paint balling and rafting, in the Poconos this weekend with my one-and-only aunt and her bf's family.  It's going to be super fun.  And after Lynda's story I will be extra careful rafting.

Fi is so hyper excited because we used to camp every summer, and with law school we just haven't been able to the past two years.  We broke out all the old camping stuff from his parents' garage, sorted through everything, and our house looks like EMS exploded.  But it's all good.
    Are you doing Whitewater Challengers? Or is that Skirmish? We go every year, but this year we didn't go because the trip was last weekend and we had a couple of surprise bday parties.

Well this weekend, my bday celebration continues. Tonight I'm going to happy hour with my coworkers. Tomorrow, the beer garden with some friends, and on Sunday my parents are taking me out for bday dinner. And that concludes my 30th birthday lol. So it will be a pretty busy weekend, I'm hoping to get some workout time in between it all!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

sarawifenow

***** SITB *****

Easier said than done, but don't panic.   DH didn't panic and followed instructions.  The victim panicked and didn't follow instructions.     IMO that made all the difference.

Have fun !!!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    sarawifenow
  • pinkcow13 said:
    Yay for second fitting and congrats on the weight loss!

Are you doing Whitewater Challengers? Or is that Skirmish? We go every year, but this year we didn't go because the trip was last weekend and we had a couple of surprise bday parties.

Well this weekend, my bday celebration continues. Tonight I'm going to happy hour with my coworkers. Tomorrow, the beer garden with some friends, and on Sunday my parents are taking me out for bday dinner. And that concludes my 30th birthday lol. So it will be a pretty busy weekend, I'm hoping to get some workout time in between it all!
    HAPPY EARLY DIRTY 30!
    imageimage">
    sarawifenow
  • Simky906 said:
    @raissyrais‌ I'm in the same boat; I work all weekend. And to add insult to injury, FI is away for the weekend for his bachelor party and I've developed a summer cold. 

Oh well, I have to remind myself how much fun I had at my bachelorette last weekend. And that we only have 29 days until the wedding!
    Take care of that cold! My bachelorette party is in 3 weeks and can't wait!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    sarawifenow
  • My uncles are getting married this weekend! They've been together for 35 years but they're finally getting married!! (I'm super-excited, if you can't tell)

The wedding is Sunday but there's a big dinner the night before (Grooms' dinner, I think we're calling it?). It will be in their backyard, about 70 people, and my aunt is officiating. She'll be officiating ours 8 weeks later!

The rest of the weekend will be helping my parents deal with all of the family in town. There are a lot of loud personalities...
    lyndausvisarawifenow
  • pinkcow13 said:
    Yay for second fitting and congrats on the weight loss!

HAPPY EARLY DIRTY 30!
    Thanks Chica!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

mschristie123
  • Day job let us out at 1 yesterday, which was awesome. I went home and got to relax before going to Job #2. We ended up being out until almost 11 after getting a quick dinner, and I passed out on the couch until after 10 this morning. Now I'm just laying around the apartment instead of doing anything productive. Well, I have laundry in the machine, but that's about all I managed to do in 2 hours!
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards