Knottie Tech Help

DELETING A POST

How do I delete a post/comment etc, that I made? I see that you can edit, but not delete!

Re: DELETING A POST

• You can't.  You can edit to delete the text, but chances are you were already quoted, so the comment is still out there.  And a DD (dirty delete) is super rude and looks tacky.
  • what's a dirty delete? 

• what's a dirty delete? 

It means you post something, get advice or comments you don't want, and so you try to take it down (usually to no avail because most people quote you). 
  • oh ok. I don't think I'm doing a DD, a few people responded and I realized they were right and I just wanted to close it, since I didn't need any more responses. Oh well

Thanks
  • oh ok. I don't think I'm doing a DD, a few people responded and I realized they were right and I just wanted to close it, since I didn't need any more responses. Oh well

Thanks
    So you did the dirty delete anyway?  After you were quoted (we can all see what you wrote!) and told it was tacky.  Nice!
  • You can't take back what you posted, any more than you can take back what you said to someone.  You should either apologize, admit you were wrong, thank the posters who gave you good advice, and move on.  Everybody here has posted something that maybe should have been worded differently.  Only speshul snowflakes try to re-write or delete.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • geez, sorry, I don't see the bid deal. After I posted, I realized it was dumb and pretty much had made up my mind, so I was going to delete it. I'm sorry, I just don't see the issue. It's not like I was offending people or being rude and then decided to delete it.
  • Ah, I missed it. Which thread?
  • geez, sorry, I don't see the bid deal. After I posted, I realized it was dumb and pretty much had made up my mind, so I was going to delete it. I'm sorry, I just don't see the issue. It's not like I was offending people or being rude and then decided to delete it.
    Because people took time to respond to your question.  Also lurkers who may have a similar situation or question could use your post and the responses that you got.

• Yeah, it's mainly about lurkers. I know I lurked for a good while, and I appreciated being able to see the archives.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • @soontobemrshamilton Hi! We don't delete comments/threads unless a member deletes their entire account. Feel free to PM me if you have any issues. 

Thanks!
    KP
  • I get it know, thank you!!!!
  • Does that mean you can't delete images either?  I wanted to post a few dress pics in a thread where someone asked for inspiration but I don't necessarily want them out there forever on the internet -- especially since my fiance sometimes looks at the board since he's helping with planning.  Should I assume if a pic is posted that there's no looking back at that point?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    If you are asking if you "can't" b/c it pisses people off, then just edit in a note saying why you deleted the pics. That's a perfectly good reason to want to edit pics out.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No, I was asking because I don't know how to do it.  I would have no problem adding in a note as to why I did it but I looked at some other posts I made with photos last night to see if I could figure out if there was a way to edit out pics and I couldn't see any way to do it.  I saw where you can hit the little "settings wheel" next to a post to edit text, but that didn't affect any of the photos attached to the post.  That's why I didn't post the dress pics.  If there IS a way to remove pics at a later date, how do you do it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @dbacksgirl - you should be able to just back space the pictures out like you would with the text.

Like Addie said, just be sure to add a note explaining why you did it.
  • @dbacksgirl - you should be able to just back space the pictures out like you would with the text.

Like Addie said, just be sure to add a note explaining why you did it.
    This.  Or if that doesn't work I typically tend to double click on the picture and it becomes highlighted in blue and then I press delete.

Or you could always click on the <> on the white page up on the right side of the dialog box.  This will show the html code of your post.  Then just delete the picture code.

And finally, when you insert a picture it will show up under "Attach a file" and when you hover over the picture that appears there are two options 1) Insert picture and 2) Delete.  If you don't choose either of those options the picture will show up as a small clickable item which can then be easily deleted without having to edit the entire post.

I hope all of that made some sense.

• dbacksgirldbacksgirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    AHA!!!! Yes!  Might be my browser but the backspace method wasn't working on photos so that's why I thought they were just permanently attached after uploading.  When I hovered over the photo in a different browser, the delete option came up.  Sometimes it's the little things.  I was looking through every setting I could find.  Who knew it was that easy.  Just had to have it pointed out.  DURRR.  THANK YOU!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards