Wisconsin

Wedding Officiant

We are getting married in Lake Geneva 6/4/2011.  We are looking for an officiant for our ceremony and would like some suggestions. 

Also, if there is anyone who has used a judge to perform the ceremony, what are your thoughts on this?  We would like a meaningful ceremony where we can incorporate some ceremony traditions.  Just not sure how that all works!

Thanks in advance!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Officiant

• edited December 2011
    I think a judge is fine but it all depends on who you use.  My future Sister in law used a judge and I thought it was kind of borning and rather civil like, not really a wedding ceremony.

We are using Bishop Craig Bergland.  He is reasonably priced and gets great reviews.  You can plan your ceremony however you want it but he also provides you with resources so you are not going in blind.  What I liked about him is he actually has a small parish where several other officiants I met with where just that, officiants and got ordaned online to just make money and because they like weddings (atleast how it seems to me).  One even said they would do more than one in a day which I didn't like.  Bishop Craig is down to earth and not super religious but you can incorporate some if you want and the traditional wedding things.  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Bishop Craig married us and did exactly what you're looking for.  Everything was great, we liked him.  Except awhile after the wedding, I was told he allegedly made a comment to a guest about her cleavage.  Overall I would recommend him, but I was super embarrassed when I was told this.  We shared his sense of humor, but apparently that guest did not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards