Wedding 911

Wedding programs finished or so I thought

We just spent the day finishing our fan wedding programs. It was really labor intensive. After they have been all glued and put together I realized I mis spelled the best man's last name. So do I tear them apart and hope to salvage some parts of it and redo them or just leave it?

Re: Wedding programs finished or so I thought

• holyguacamole79holyguacamole79 a taco truck in Houston
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    How chill is the best man? If you think he won't be offended, I'd leave it. Check with FI. Regardless, let him (best man) know and apologize.

Anniversary
  • thisismynickname2thisismynickname2 City By The Lake
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    I'd definitely say something to the best man now. Also, is it an obvious misspelling or not? Spelling "Smith" wrong is egregious, but there are certainly other names where I doubt anyone would ever notice. Also, I think it depends here if the BM is family where plenty of people would notice, or a friend where the guests would be unlikely to notice. I truly do think you should re-do them all, but.... I feel for you. Kudos to you for doing fans. Those are great!

• doeydodoeydo Southwestern Ontario
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    Is there anyway you can kind of "whiteout" it and fix just that one spot?  I don't mean actually slapping some whiteout on it, but I don't know if maybe some more crafty ladies around here can help.
  • IrishPirate60IrishPirate60 Clare Island
    250 Love Its Third Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper
    Slap a gold star on the affected name. It will look random, just a sparkle on the whole. No one will think twice about it.
  • If you have your heart set on changing them and they were printed on some sort of card stock, a white eraser should take the offending letters out.  But I'm with the PPs, if it's Smith, you might need to change it.  If it's a harder on to spell then no one will notice but BM.  Let him know for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards