I'm in the process of registering. I decided that I'd like to have most of the registering by the time I send out save the dates in about 2 months (basically, I'd like to put my wedding website link on the STD, and I'd like the wedding website to be complete and not changing much in between STD and invitations. Illogical? perhaps). I didn't think I would make a very large registry, because we have all the basics and have been doing just fine for the past 2 and a half years. Plus, small apartment. However, FMIL has said multiple times that she wants to throw me a shower... so I definitely need to register! And... presents are fun.
I have a few dilemmas. The list, I"m sure, will continue to grow.
1. staub vs. le creusset dutch oven
2. what size?? and round or oval?
I've read so many articles. My mom has a small staub, his mom has a larger le creusset. They both love them. I think we're going with the dark blue 6 qt round staub but... I'd love to hear your opinions!
3. what color kitchen aid mixer??? We decided on pistachio originally, but they just came out with a new color... aqua mist. And I like it! it's all happy and bright. Fiance still prefers pistachio. He thinks over time we'll like that it can blend in better. thoughts?
above is pistachio. Below is aqua.
4. towels and sheets! brand recommendations? I like soft!
5. FI and I would really like a kitchen mat. My mom bought one from william sonoma for a neighbor/ her best friend, and she raves about it. I stood on it in the william sonoma store and it was, for those 5 seconds, amazing. Right now we're only planning to register at bed, bath, and beyond, which does not carry the same brand. Does anyone know of good kitchen mat brands from BBB?
6. We made a registry at Sur la Table, which is very similar to William Sonoma, but FMIL likes it better because, according to her, the people are nicer. But the link to the registry does not seem to work on our wedding website. Sur la Table has the same brand of kitchen mat as William sonoma, btw. Anyway... is it weird to register at two kitchen type places? BBB and sur la table/ william sonoma (if we can't get sur la table to work...)? This would probably be a very tiny registry made up of... well... the kitchen mat. and maybe a few other things that BBB doesn't happen to have.
7. Should we register at more places than BBB and potentially a small registry at Sur la Table/ William Sonoma? If yes, where? Macy's? Target? Crate and Barrel? Pottery Barn? Elsewhere? Anyone have any good or bad experiences with any of the aforementioned places?
8. what are some things that you are very excited to register for/ are SO glad that you registered for? anything you wish you hadn't?
9. Any other thoughts/ suggestions.
10. Feel free to thread jack with your own registering quandaries! (but also... maybe remember to give an opinion on mine!)