Wedding 911

Buying my wedding ring

So, I love my engagement ring! I have been looking at wedding bands for almost 2 years now and I know I want an insert (ring gaurd). My local jeweler has ordered one for me and I love it! I just need to say yes and put down the credit card. But I just want to keep trying it on before I make a decision. Has anyone had this problem? It's a different style than I orignally wanted, but in a good way! It's very unique and I just want to know I love it and won't change my mind. (Luckily this is the only thing having to do with the wedding that I have had any hesitation) How many times did you all try on a ring before you decided on it? 

I Included a picture of the ring, feel free to offer your feedback as well!! 

Re: Buying my wedding ring

• We tried on bands one day and bought that day. We had bridal bucks that were about to expire so we wanted to use them for our April 2015 wedding on our bands. We both knew what we wanted, I wanted a thin silver band with diamonds all the way around and fiance wanted tungsten with a diamond.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just think about whether you'll love it in 10 years.  That's the thing about larger/trendy settings--for example, everyone getting halos right now.  I just wonder if they'll be as happy with it when the trend passes.  If you think it's timeless and you'll love it, then go for it.  If not, maybe something simpler is in order.
  • We went and purchased our wedding bands on a Friday. I had an idea of what I wanted, but none of the rings I wanted fit right with my e ring. I picked out a gorgeous insert. They were going to have to modify it a little bit to fit my e ring so that I didn't have gaps. I left my e ring there and went home and didn't sleep the entire night. I called them the next morning and told them to please not do anything with my ring. I went back in that afternoon and spent another two hours at the store until I found something that I was completely happy with. I knew it was the right decision because I was able to sleep that night. Even though it isn't what I originally wanted I absolutely love my ring.

I think the ring you chose is beautiful, but I'm just wondering if those gaps in the ring will stay there or are they going to fix that? My jeweler gave me about 10 reasons why they weren't going to let me buy a wedding band that was going to have a gap with my e ring which is part of what took me so long to find something.
  • I tried on one wedding band.  It matched the band on my e-ring.  It was skinny and a half eternity band. I loved it because it was simple and delicate.  I bought it the same day I tried it on.

And I am going to piggy back off of Tammy and ask whether those gaps are going to stay because honestly that looks horrible.

And I really hate to break it to you, what you are thinking about getting is not really that unique.  Most people I know today have a ring like yours where the e-ring sits in between two bands.  It is actually pretty common for some reason.

But after 2 years of looking you need to just make a decision.  If you love it then buy it.  Why wait? Why keep having to try it on?  You said that you love it so just buy it!

• I bought mine on Amazon. Plain, thin white gold band. It looks nice with my e-ring or I might stop wearing my e-ring altogether. To me, it's really not that big of a deal- the symbolism matters a lot more than the actual look.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Due to the size of my halo e-ring, I knew I wanted a plain band.  My ring was custom-made by a jeweler so we just said, "match the band of the e-ring". Done and done! 

My opinion is that you're overthinking this. The ring guard is quite popular these days and my opinion is that it's "too much" on one finger.  Maybe you subconsciously know that it's too much and that's why you can't commit. Jewelers have an interest in profiting off you, so please think long-term.  

• I can't believe it's taking you that long to make a decision wow. I agree with @Wandajune6, I think the symbolism of the ring is much more important. What does FI think? Does he like the look? Any diamond ring looks beautiful :)

Also, took only a day to pick mine out..
  • I didn't. I ordered online (in a plain style I knew I liked) from the same place we got my engagement ring. I wanted to be able to wear my wedding band on its own so I just bought a standalone plain band that would like fine on it's own or worn next to my solitaire engagement ring.
    Anniversary

• I didn't. I ordered online (in a plain style I knew I liked) from the same place we got my engagement ring. I wanted to be able to wear my wedding band on its own so I just bought a standalone plain band that would like fine on it's own or worn next to my solitaire engagement ring.
    That's what I did. Working in the medical field, gloves on and off, I wanted something that I could wear by itself that looked pretty when I didn't want to wear my e-ring, but also something that looked amazing when I did wear them together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards