October 2014 Weddings

Let's talk beauty prep

Now that we have around two months left, what all are you doing to prep for the big day, and/or the festivities leading up?

• I've started to use Crest white strips maybe a month ago, but then stopped (thinking it was too early), but now I definitely think it's time to use them regularly
  • I went for a facial today, with plans that if I like the results I will go back maybe a week or two before the big day.  They also gave me samples of some products which probably cost a ton, so we'll see if I go buy them after the samples run out.  Also, I need to stop picking my face...sorry if that's TMI, but it's a little routine I have when I pluck my eyebrows, which is often.  I need to just say no!
  • I'm starting to focus more on arm exercises, in addition to getting to the gym more frequently than usual

Things I'm torn on/debating:

• I really feel like I want some color (aka a tan), but am not excited about tanning, especially if I'm trying to get my facial skin in shape, but have never done a spray tan, either and the idea doesn't appeal to me.  So I don't know, I don't really get sun, I'm just not outdoors that much, but I don't want to be uber pale either, especially compared to my ivory dress.
  • Everyone keeps telling me to do the eyelash extensions.  I wasn't planning on it.   But the place I went for the facial does them so I'm thinking maybe I'd get my nails done and eyelash extensions done the day before or day of the wedding.

Also, I just have to add how shocked I was to see my skin care place have in their brochure "eyelash perms".  Yes, there are perms for your eyelashes.  I'm sorry, but that is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They will put chemicals on your eyelashes to curl them.  Sorry, but I am not thrilled about such chemicals so close to my eyeballs!  It's bad enough if I get extensions and they use glue.

Re: Let's talk beauty prep

• I'm also using the Crest whitestrips - love them!

I'm planning on getting some time outside in the sun to even out my natural tan. I have never spray-tanned either and am too scared to try it!

Supposedly eyelash extensions look great in photos. I would try them out the day or two before to see how they will feel on your wedding day. They also have the individual lashes you can use, instead of the great big caterpillar-looking ones that go across your entire eyelids.

I'm not doing much else except continuing my already-established beauty routine and trying to drink more water.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I won't use the whitestrips until closer to the wedding. What I'm doing right now:

- Scarzone because I have a couple ugly scars from a rosebush on my chest and legs. It's really gotten better over the last couple of months!

- Maintaining highlights in my hair.

- Arm and back weightlifting and swimming to help with overall tone.

- I got a tan over the summer but now the focus will be on evening out the tan lines from my bathing suit!

- I might get a couple of facials closer to the wedding.

- Underarm and eyebrow wax a few weeks prior to the wedding.

• @pepperally Try a tinted, gradual tan lotion, Jergens has one that works real well, but make sure you wash your hands after, and let it dry before putting on clothes! I def wouldn't put it on the morning of the wedding and risk getting it on your dress.
  • Fiance is going to help me use that Jergens lotion to even out my tan. We're basically having a painting party haha. Fixing my tan lines is really my main beauty prep goal. And trying to stop stressing about everything under the sun in the hopes that my face calms down.
  • I'm a fan of the Jergens lotion - I'm not using it for myself this time, but have used it in the past.  It looks soft and natural.

Whitening Strips - I purchased them when Sam's Club had a good sale on them, but waiting to start using them until end of this month/beginning of Sept.

I'm being more careful with my face skin care - I'm prone to breakouts.  I've been using the proactiv+ and it's really been helping me out!  I'm totally surprised, the old formula turned my skin blotchy and red and itchy.

I'm a little late to the game with exercise, but I started T25 (by started, I mean yesterday).  I will not finish the program before my wedding.  I do need to start paying more attention to my arms.

I plan on going to Sephora to pick out a 'wedding scent' and also get a little help with makeup.  Even though I'm having makeup done for me, I wear a foundation to even out my skin tone and I'll wear eye shadow and mascara, but that's it.  I know I want my own lip stain/gloss so I can re-apply as needed for photos.

I am eating healthier - making sure I get my fruits and veggies.  I'm also making sure I get my vitamins and such in.

Anniversary
  • @rsbloom, @Dignity100‌ @kebebb‌ -So for the ladies who use the Jergens gradual tan lotion...do you use it on your face? I have oily, acne-prone skin so I'm very cautious what I put on my face. Will it make me break out?
  • @Pepperally - They make (or made) a specific one for the face.  That's the one I used.  I haven't used the stuff for years though - I'm proud of my pale skin ;o)

Anniversary
  • I won't use it on my face. My "tan" is actually what a lot of people who aren't ghostly white look like, so my face doesn't really need it.
  • I started running with a friend last week and took my first in a series of pilates classes today! I plan on getting a facial in late September (and maybe another before if I really want to spoil myself). I'd love to join a gym and get a personal trainer to focus on some weights/arm workouts, but I just can't seem to find anyone/anywhere that I really like for the long-term).
  • I also plan to use whitening strips closer to the wedding. I have since switched out our toothpaste with a whitening one. 

I have been at the gym consistently but decided to take last week off before I kick it into high gear as well as eating healthy. I have to be smart though since my LAST fitting is Sept 20th. (wedding is 10/5)

I am with you OP, Im a fellow picker. I need to be a whole lot more hands off. 

I am beginning to gather what makeup I want to use. Only thing I haven't decided on is a foundation. I want something that is medium coverage and will stay matte without getting oily. 

I need to be better with my water intake and moisturizing! I alway say Im going to do it and then I forget. 

Im thinking I might start going for manicures and pedicures every 2 weeks, just to ya know, keep those puppies in check. 
  • PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @Pepperally - They make (or made) a specific one for the face.  That's the one I used.  I haven't used the stuff for years though - I'm proud of my pale skin ;o)

I'm really trying to embrace my paleness...trying being the key word. I used to be outdoors more and always went to the beach for a week but that's not happening this summer so I feel extra pale. I'm going swimming this weekend but I always wear 30 SPF so I don't think I'll get much sun. Plus I'm at the age where sun damage is starting to show with brown spots all over my forehead.
    edited August 2014
    @Jean0715‌ - I'm having a ton of fun buying make up. I always wanted a good excuse to buy higher end products. I just spent a small fortune today between Ulta, Chanel, Sephora, etc. I most likely have spent more than I would have on a makeup artist, but I have products that I can use! So to me it's worth the expense. I am planning to use a brand they carry at Sephora for foundation called Makeup Forever HD. There is no SPF in it which can wash you out in photos. I tried it on my hand today when I was there and I think it's a nice medium coverage. It didn't feel greasy at all!
    edited August 2014
    Folks using Crest white strips: I found they can make your teeth sensitive with regular, daily use, so just keep that in mind if you are waiting to get started. You may end up doing them every other day or so if you have sensitivity, which could extend the days/weeks you would need to wear them to get your teeth white enough.
  • They make Crest whitestrips now for sensitivity too!

• @beachyone15‌ No way! If I run out before the wedding I will be looking for those.
  • Yeah I have been using them and I'm almost done with the box. No sensitivity at all! They're awesome.

• @pepperally use bronzer or a slightly darker BB cream to match your tanned body. I have super oily skin and wear SPF everyday, but I don't use gradual tan on my face.  I love Clarins UltraMatte line, I use their mask weekly and moisturizer daily, which has really made a difference. They also have a great lightweight face SPF, but it's pricey, so I tend to go for makeup with SPF.

• I'm thinking of getting some of those Biore pore strips (if they even make that brand anymore, but you know what I mean hopefully!). Any reviews on that kind of product? I normally don't have bad acne, I just have random blackheads and clogged pores (although, my MUA is so amazing that my skin looked FLAWLESS during the trial).
  • I'm using the Garnier Blackhead Clearing scrub...and I LOVE it, my nose is spotless!!  I've been to a few makeup counters to sample some foundations..so far I'm loving Estee Lauder's Double wear.. it's kind of heavy but my skin looks FLAWLESS with it. super matte coverage and hides my pores..
  • @Pepperally Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to have to take a trip out to Sephora and try it!
  • Drink tons and tons of water. It will moisturize your skin, and use a heavier moisturizer a few days before wedding, to have glowing skin (if you are not prone to break-outs). That's the advice I'm taking!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2014
    I'm using Crest whitening strips as well. I do have sensitive teeth, but I've found that using them about once a week is fine. 

Ladies, here are other alternative whitening tips, which I'm doing in addition to Crest strips: 
    - Bite into a strawberry and rub it around your teeth for several seconds. Do this with several strawberries, and it will make a huge difference! Strawberries are great for natural whitening. 
    - Swishing with coconut oil for about 30 minutes daily. Also great for natural whitening and strengthening 

I'm also doing pore strips once a week. 

I have a wonderful DIY facial that I do every few days: Honey, lemon juice, ginger, & cinnamon (helps with inflammation and bleaching away red scars or spots)

I started Laser Hair Removal for...down there.... several months ago. It's going good! But I'm sporting a checker-board pattern at the moment...

I'm doing lots of arm and back and chest workouts- hello strapless dress!!

I'm going to do my first hair dye this weekend. 

Trying to eat healthy, but the stress and chaos of planning isn't helping.. 

I laid out at the pool last weekend. Usually I do that a lot during the summer, but this summer is so busy- I haven't had time. I might have to resort to a lotion tan. I'm considering Jergens. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards