Not Engaged Yet
Options

Flaws

We've all got them.

I have nervous pooping disorder. I poop so much when I'm anxious lol. Thank you interview today for reminding me

I'm also scared of needles. This is a flaw when you visit the doctor fairly regularly.

I'm socially awkward. This has been steadily improving since college but it's hard to get me to talk if we are in a crowd. Approach me one on one and I won't shut up.

I think I know everything lol. Or at least how to reason through most situations. Shocker: I don't.
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: Flaws

• Options

- I don't like to let someone else have the last word in an argument. I try to be better about this but sometimes it's really hard to let go when you think you are in the right. Which leads me too...

- I think I'm right a lot.

- I have road rage and like to make constant commentary about other drivers on the road when I'm driving.

- I'm a spender, not a saver.

- I'm pretty judgey.

• Options
    -I'm extremely self conscience and compare myself to others. H hates it that I do this but it's always been a struggle of mine and I hate it.

-I'm very Type-A and it get easily annoyed when others don't get things right away. I'm like already answering my own question in my head for them lol.

-I'm a bitch

-I have a hard time letting things go. I tell myself to forgive but it's so hard sometimes.
  • Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    My sister and I didn't get along for a majority of our teen years. We have a much better relationship now, but I still go back to the way she used to make me feel. I never feel "good enough" around her. So, I guess that is a flaw. She isn't "being mean" directly toward me anymore, but I have my own personal issues from that time period that I haven't dealt with. 

Less "serious" flaws:

1. I use up a TON of hot water when I shower. I mean..I take scalding hot showers. 
    2. I steal the covers all night, every night. I'm not sorry about this one. I told BF that when we get married we are going to have to buy two of whatever comforter we purchase. I can't control what I do in my sleep. 
    3. I always screw up chocolate chip cookies. It's a sin. I always mess them up, and I can't make the madness end. 
    4. I don't know if this is a flaw, but my roommates can't stand driving with me because of it. I always make COMPLETE stops at stop signs. We live in a rural area, so it's not completely necessary, but I do it anyway. It drives them nuts. 

• Options

I will fight to the death in a debate if I believe i'm right

I like eating too much...but I can't seem to stop doing it even though I know I should.

I am very particular about cleaning things in order (maybe because I grew up in a military family?)

I have a hard time letting things go...I hold grudges even when I try not to.

• Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

I'm the person in the car behind you flipping out over your full 3-second stop. ;)
    Lol. I bet. I think I do it because my dad is an insurance agent, and he used to tell us HORROR stories of car accidents when my sister and I were learning how to drive. I am a defensive driver. 

The funny part is...when I first got my license I was the kid driving 80 mph to school down the back roads. I have calmed down quite a bit. 
  • Options
    @allusive007 I'm the same way about cleaning...it has to done in order or I'll feel like nothing is clean.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Yeah, it's pretty bad when your H vacuums and all you can think about is "now when I dust I'll just have to vacuum again". So silly that I can't just be thankful he vacuumed.
  • Options

I'm incredibly self conscious, especially about my skin (why is it worse now than when I was 16? WHY?!) and I feel like I look terrible in photos.

I believe I am right 99% of the time.

I am very judgey.

I like things done a certain way and get annoyed when someone does them wrong. I will re-load the dishwasher after FI because I feel like he does it wrong. I don't know how I will ever be able to actually let him clean...which leads me to:

I get annoyed when I feel like FI doesn't help me enough, even though I'm just going to fix whatever I think he did wrong.

I can be super snippy when someone is doing something that annoys me. This applies to people that I love too, and then I feel like a jerk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    - I can get overly passionate about things. For example, I keep seeing people discounting the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS, and it really pisses me off, so I make a point of commenting on any dissenting Facebook status, which I'm sure causes some eyerolls. 

- I'm a procrastinator. Bad.

- I'm terrible with money. Luckily I have a wonderful FI who is helping me fix that. 

- I hold grudges, especially with people who have wronged me. If we were friends, and you pulled some bullshit, don't expect to get back in my good graces, like, ever. I'm a good friend, and I hate people who take advantage of that. 

- I'm kind of a mess. I never fold my clean laundry. My toilet usually doesn't get cleaned until it has spots. There's always makeup on the sink. I hoard water bottles/glasses next to the bed.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

@GoldenPenguin - You and I sound like the same person. I have two piles of clothes on the floor: one dirty, and one clean because I have to sift through the clean ones in my hamper to find something to wear. And I always have glasses next to my bed. Also got no time for bitches that don't understand how completely awesome of a friend I am.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am really bad at taking criticism. Any criticism from someone I respect typically ends in me crying, but I try to leave the room first. On occasion, when I do something "wrong" I'll get super upset because I don't like letting people down. Even if no one else is around. It's essentially self-criticism. . . To this extent, sometimes I don't voice my opinion in case it upsets someone. This part is getting better though.

I complain about how gossip-y the women in my family are, but whenever I talk to them I can't help but want to hear it.

Everything I cook ends up sticking to the pots/pans. A portion of it has to do with my cookware, but I am pretty much an extreme professional at this.

When I am walking or driving, I don't make eye contact with the person I'm with. I am afraid of tripping or crashing, I suppose. But I'll hold a conversation and never look at the other person.

• Options

I roll my eyes too much lately.  I look like THIS a lot...and H looks just as beweldered behind me half the time.  I'm worried my eyes are going to get stuck in that position if I don't knock it off.

I tend to go at something 100% then burn out in a few weeks (especially fitness/diets).  I need to be more slow and steady. 

I'm not good at taking criticism either @EisleyJoGo - especially from H. 

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I have a lot of flaws.

1.  When I get really upset/hurt, I tend to go through a period of overreacting...especially until I've talked it out with whoever hurt/upset me, and we get on the same page.

2.  I don't forgive unless you give me a genuine apology.  "I'm sorry you're upset" is not a genuine apology.

3.  I don't EVER forget and I WILL use what you've done to me in the past as a reason to never get quite as close to you again, or at the very least, will look for signs in the future that you're doing it again, and will withdraw if I think you are doing it again.

4.  I am usually right, and I usually know it.  What can I say?  It's the INFJ in me.

5.  I'm extremely judgmental.  Although few people realize that the single person who receives the most wrath of the Shoes judgment is Shoes herself.  (And yes, I did just talk about myself in the 3rd person.)

6.  I'm extremely sensitive and have to work REALLY hard not to take constructive criticism personally.  If it's not constructive criticism, forget it.

7.  I'm not a particularly good cook, and I'm not creative in the kitchen.

8.  I have ridiculously high standards for everything and everyone. 

9.  I can be somewhat lazy at times.

10.  My natural tendency is to binge eat sweets.
  • Options

@GoldenPenguin reminded me of a few that I should have included.

I am not good with money. I am getting better, but it's going to be a long haul to fix my financial past. I am so thankful for my FI's good credit and good financial habits, because those habits will rub off on me and will benefit both of us in the long run.

And I hold terrible grudges. Eventually they boil down a bit and I just shake my head and roll my eyes at those people, but I don't forget things and I expect people to genuinely apologize and also ACT apologetic to move past things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

7.  I'm not a particularly good cook, and I'm not creative in the kitchen.

9.  I can be somewhat lazy at times.

10.  My natural tendency is to binge eat sweets.
    These!

Others:
    1) I have a bad habit of putting cleaning last on my list of priorities. I'm getting better, because it means a lot to DH (and he does SO MUCH around the house)! But when I lived alone, not so much.

2) I have opinions. And I share them even if I'm not asked for them. Oops.

3) I have a terrible singing voice

4) My thighs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

@cu97tiger - Psssh, Thighs are awesome!

Fun story: When I was younger, I used to think it was gross that my thighs had a gap and didn't touch. I would try and push them together, especially when I was sitting. Now the gap is "the thing to have" apparently.

• Options
    I have to say that I'm SO GLAD I'm not the only one who isn't a natural clean freak. We have a hairy dog and a seriously fluffy cat, and I know I could (and probably should) vacuum like once a day, but we get to it like... maybe once a week. 

@EisleyJoGo - this isn't the first time I've noticed our similarities. I like you :) 

@cu97tiger - your thighs are hot. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    I love all of you flaws and all! I also think it's hilarious how many flaws we have in common :)

@lmcooper86 my skin is actually worse than it was in puberty so I hear ya. And in FL it's hard to find a derm that does stuff other than skin cancer <--this is sad and why I need to wear sunscreen allllll day long.

@lapeanut1018 I don't know if I can let you drive at our g2g now lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    I have to say that I'm SO GLAD I'm not the only one who isn't a natural clean freak. We have a hairy dog and a seriously fluffy cat, and I know I could (and probably should) vacuum like once a day, but we get to it like... maybe once a week. 

This is still WAY more often than we get around to vacumming and we have one not so fluffy dog.

• Options
    OH my biggest flaw is that I am a mosquito magnet. Since we have had the house open a lot with moving, I currently have over 10 mosquito bites.

I legit had panic attacks when west Nile started making the news in HS
  • Options
    @Blue & White Who said I'd be driving? I never agreed to be anyone's dd!

• Options
    @goldenpenguin - getting a small Dyson changed our vacuuming habits significantly. I vacuumed the whole house last night in about 15 minutes! Also, my thighs are a mess of cellulite and various stages of bruising (thanks to the dogs stepping on me in bed CONSTANTLY).

Also, financial issues can be the downfall of some relationships. Just continue to openly communicate about your finances, and also be honest about why you feel the way you do. DH and I have different monetary philosophies because of how we grew up and what our first 10 years of post-college looked like (hint: they were VERY different). After a couple of rough years around the checkbook, we are in a much better place, because we understand each other's attitudes better.

• Options
    @cu97tiger, I think your gorgeous.  Thighs and all.

And as stated above, I'm usually right.
  • Options
    @cu97tiger‌ I just want to say that I think your advice about monetary philosophies and developing your own as a couple is spot on. H and I come from very similar backgrounds which has helped us figure out our financial ideas pretty quickly but it's so important to take the time and be considerate of each point of view in a relationship. Regardless of the issue (money, kids, sex, neighborhood, etc) you worded this so eloquently. Thanks!!!

@LaPeanut1018‌ I'll be DD if you get you and your sister down here!
  • Options
    1) I always have to be early to everywhere.

2) I'm a crazy driver, complete speed demon and will taunt slower drivers from behind. (I know I shouldn't.)

3) I cry, a lot.

4) I have to plan. Planning is my best friend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @cu97tiger‌ I just want to say that I think your advice about monetary philosophies and developing your own as a couple is spot on. H and I come from very similar backgrounds which has helped us figure out our financial ideas pretty quickly but it's so important to take the time and be considerate of each point of view in a relationship. Regardless of the issue (money, kids, sex, neighborhood, etc) you worded this so eloquently. Thanks!!! @LaPeanut1018‌ I'll be DD if you get you and your sister down here!
    I hope I didn't make it sound TOO easy. There were lots of tough discussions, a few tears, and several changes in who 'mans' the checkbook. If anyone can learn from my mistake (mainly, trying to get DH to go by MY philosophy, instead of developing a shared philosophy), then it was worth it!

• Options
    @blackbird230 are you my sister? Like are you currently living in NC with a military husband and trying to get a job in FL which you're not moving to for like 3 more months?
  • Options
    @blackbird230 - I have to be early to everything as well! BF has stopped giving me times we need to leave by because I turn into a crazy person if I feel that we haven't left on time.

Other flaws:
    1) I can be a know-it-all. I think I'm right %99.9 of the time and I can get really judgey when someone isn't aware of facts that I think they should be.

2) I'm messy. Seriously, it's bad. I'm super organized at work but my apartment is a disaster. I'm supposed to be cleaning today but instead I'm on here - not cleaning.

3) I have poor self-control when it comes to food. I'm slowly getting better but sometimes I eat just because food is there not because I'm hungry.

4) I can have a really bad temper. I've gotten better over the years but there are somethings that still set me off.

5) I have horrible road rage. Driving involves almost a constant stream of swearing at other drivers.

• Options
    Flaws:

1.) I'm klutzy. Way past usual klutzy.

2.) I'm horribly impatient, which manifests in a number of ways (short temper, road rage, etc.).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards