Not Engaged Yet
Options

Favorite Piece of Jewelry

justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
What is your favorite piece of jewelry. For those of you who are engaged or married...what is your favorite piece that is not your e-ring or wedding band? Is there meaning behind it?

My parents started a tradition where they give us (my siblings and I) a ring when we graduate from college as a graduation present. I love the idea because we were never kids who got paid for good grades or anything. They just expected us to do well, and the most we got was a high five. Which, I think was a great thing in the long run. Well, my parents found one that they love for me. My favorite color is blue and that is the color of the center stone. I haven't graduated yet, so I don't receive the ring for awhile. Which...is complete torture. It is so beautiful. It is my favorite piece of jewelry, and I can't wear it yet! 

Edit: Post a picture if you can! 

Re: Favorite Piece of Jewelry

• Options
    The only jewelry I am wearing currently is....my engagement ring, my wedding band, and my great grandmother's engagement ring.

So by process of eliminating my engagement ring and wedding band.....my great grandma's engagement ring wins!  She left it to me when she died (in like 2005) but actually decided it was mine in 1991 and wrote a dated note to go with it.  I was SIX, so I just think it means I was an awesome six year old.  My engagement ring is actually a pretty similar style to her ring so they match well.  I wear it as a ring hand ring on my right ring finger.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    My grandparents gave me a pair of emerald earrings (my birthstone) for typing up all my grandma's recipes so that we could adjust the font size and make them big enough for her to read. It was really sweet, especially since they picked ones that matched my emerald necklace.
  • Options
    My pandora bracelet, I got it a few years ago as a BM gift in one of my BBF's wedding. H has added on a few charms, and one from MIL, and upgraded the bracelet.  I love that is it something anyone can add onto and can continue to grow and change. 

Anniversary

• Options

I have a few pieces that I really like to wear.

A Tiffany's necklace like this one that FI gave me a couple of years ago "just because". I was 100% surprised and I wear it all the time. My parent's gave me a matching bracelet prior to this gift for college graduation.

I also have another necklace that I got from the Banana Republic outlet for like $12. It's just a triple strand of these blue stones set in a silver metal but the stones are super pretty and kind of have a graduated color in each of them so they look like the Eye of Protection or something. I dunno...it's just a neat necklace and it goes with a lot of stuff.

• Options
    edited August 2014

I have a ring my mother gave me as a college graduation gift. I don't really like class rings...so it just made more sense to get something I would actually wear. I love it and still wear it as a right-hand ring sometimes.

H got me a dark gray/green pearl necklace on our honeymoon in Tahiti. I love it! Plus it is a special reminder of our time there.

Otherwise I really don't wear much other than my wedding/e rings.

• Options
    @Blue&White 

You must have been a pretty fabulous six year old. That is such a precious gift. 

That is quite the thank you! I love emerald. 

I love those bracelets as well. I received the Kay version of that bracelet a few years ago from my BF. I love how each charm brings back so many memories. 
  • Options
    I got three new ones for my birthday and they are perfect, most of the charms are of course pink.

Anniversary

• Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @LaPeanut1018 I love when I find random, cheap pieces of jewelry that fit with every outfit! They can make any outfit feel a little more polished. @allusive007 I am with you on not liking class rings. I think that is why my parents opted for rings that reflected our personalities. Edit: TK is stealing my formatting. Sorry!
  • Options
    My mom gave me a diamond pendant necklace for my 25th birthday. It's very simple, just a thin silver chain and a diamond. I wear it almost everyday. A few weeks ago, I thought I lost it and I was devastated. I should have known that my devil cat knocked it off the table when he snuck into my closet. 

• Options
    @justbeingme93 - That is a gorgeous ring!

I don't really wear jewelry. I found a cute necklace I've been wearing a bit lately so I guess it's my favorite. Picture:

• Options
    @bethsmiles

Thank you! I'm pretty obsessed with it. It is a bit more flashy than I thought I would like, but I figure I can gaze at it until I have an e-ring to stare at. haha. 

I love that necklace. Where did you get it? 
  • Options
    @bethsmiles

Thank you! I'm pretty obsessed with it. It is a bit more flashy than I thought I would like, but I figure I can gaze at it until I have an e-ring to stare at. haha. 

I love that necklace. Where did you get it? 
    It's from a store called Maurices. I love them, I buy almost all my clothes there. I think it only cost me like $5. I can't have nice, expensive things because I would lose them!

• Options
    My favorite piece of jewelry...

The first is my dad's ring that he got when he volunteered at the 2002 olympics in Utah. It has his name engraved on the inside, has Salt Lake 2002 on the outside with little symbols representing each of the winter olympic sports. I "claimed" it when we were going through his stuff after he passed away and I was officially given it for my high school graduation. My mom and stepdad bought me a nice silver chain to wear it on as a necklace. 

The second is my pandora bracelet that I got for college graduation. My grandmother bought it for me at Thanksgiving and let me pick out the first few charms. When I finally got it for graduation, my mom and stepdad had each added a charm and a lot of my mom's side of the family sent me graduation related charms as my graduation gifts. 
  • Options
    I have a pair of solid 22kt Portuguese gold chandelier earrings.  They're very ornately designed, and are stunning.  I have only worn them a handful of times because I'm terrified of losing one.  They're a family heirloom, and have been passed down to each woman in my family on her wedding day.  They were originally my Great Great Great Grandmother's.

They're also hands down the most valuable thing I own.  I'll never sell them though.
  • Options
    Absolutely gorgeous necklace, @GoldenPenguin! Where did you find it?
  • Options
    On Etsy! The shop is Ivy by Design - you can tell them where you want the heart to be. I love it!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    On Etsy! The shop is Ivy by Design - you can tell them where you want the heart to be. I love it!
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    @livleighton - it's this one, right?

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    The one I wear most often is a three-diamond pendant necklace that H got me for a birthday...I wear it pretty much every day. BIL and MIL also bought me a graduated bezel-diamond tennis necklace for H and my wedding. I love it but like @loves2shop4shoes wear it only occassionally for fear of loosing it.
  • Options
    @livleighton - I thought yours was a little different, but I knew it was Dogeared, and that's the only feather one I could find!

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin, @LivLeighton - That necklace is perfect! I love the meaning behind it :)

• Options
    @loves2shop4shoes Your earrings sound gorgeous! Do you have any pictures of them to share! Our family doesn't really have many heirlooms like that. I'm so jealous of all the ladies here who have some of their grandparents or great grandparents jewelry.

• Options
    AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @bethsmiles I love Maurice's! They don't have any close to where I live now though :(

My favorite piece is the first gift BF ever gave me for Christmas our first year together. It's a sterling silver and rose gold necklace with chocolate and white diamonds. 

ETF: formatting

• Options
    My mom gave me this diamond bangle as a graduation gift. I adore it, but I won't lie, I barely wear it ever. I love it but it's the most expensive thing I own so I'm too worried of losing it or damaging it. I know that's dumb because it's just a waste in my closet but I can't help it, I feel like I'm going to get mugged when I wear it lol 
    Hence why I'm super glad that I have a modest engagement ring, I'd be terrified of wearing a skating rink on my finger. 

• Options
    This is the best picture of them I have...and it doesn't capture the details very well.

• Options
    I don't have any big pictures of my favorite jewelry so I'll just tell you. My favorite is my David Yurman bracelet. It was a wedding gift to me from my parents. I don't wear it all the time but I'm obsessed with it. 

I think my second favorite is my Michael Kors watch that I wear every day. 

• Options
    My FI bought me a flying pig necklace a few years ago. It came with a little card with my favorite alice and wonderland quote You "believe about six impossible things before breakfast" and manage to accomplish them all. 

I wear this every day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards