Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank you cards, and how to write them?

We were married on Sunday, it was wonderful.

I would like to send thank you cards as soon as possible. Do I wrote them and then we both sign?

Also there are some that a family chipped in on a gift should I address it to the fanily?

Re: Thank you cards, and how to write them?

• Options
    Hey! Congrats!!!

1) I would sign d2va and d2vahusband. Whether you both physically sign it doesn't matter, as long as both your names are there.

2) If you got a joint gift, each giving party gets a TY. So if Aunt and Uncle Smith went in with Aunt and Uncle Jones, you would write one TY to A&U Smith and one TY to A&U Jones.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

Hey! Congrats!!!

1) I would sign d2va and d2vahusband. Whether you both physically sign it doesn't matter, as long as both your names are there.

2) If you got a joint gift, each giving party gets a TY. So if Aunt and Uncle Smith went in with Aunt and Uncle Jones, you would write one TY to A&U Smith and one TY to A&U Jones.
    Thank you!

Also, we received a gift that was signed by two couples. I later find out through my maid of honor ( i thought gifts were stolen, they weren't) that one of those couples were also giving a gift on behalf of their family ( 2 of my bridesmaids and one of their husbands) but they never signed their names so I'm not even sure that it was.

• Options
    Don't sign the other person's name, just mention them in the note.

Dear Aunt Sue,

Husband and I are so excited about putting that crockpot to good use. We both work late and it will be so nice to come home to a good meal after a long day at work. Thanks for thinking of us,

Your name

If the family is at the same address, one note is fine, otherwise, everyone gets their own note.
  • Options
    I signed both of our names. Most couples I know sign each other's names to things like cards and notes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I signed most of the cards that I wrote as Love, Ashley & Bill. I think he did the same with his.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would sign them from both of you, because the gifts were given to both of you. We're planning on each writing the notes to our respective sides, and signing both of our names.

Not that it's relevant to this, but since it's all I've done so far... when I wrote shower thank yous, I took into consideration who the card was signed to and from. If it was to both of us from both of them, it was "Dear Aunt Sue and Uncle Bob, Thank you both so much for the thing, we're looking forward to using the thing for the stuff. We can't wait to see you both at the wedding. Love Lolo and FI." If it was just to me from the female of the couple, it was "Dear Aunt Sue, Thank you so much for the thing. FI and I are excited to whatever with the thing. We can't wait to see you and Uncle Bob at the wedding. Love, Lolo."

• Options

I sent TY cards addressed to whoever the gift was from.  Luckily, the only joint gifts I had were from one household (Aunt & cousins), so only one card was needed. If the gift came from multiple households, send a card for each household.

And I wouldn't take anyone's word that someone else is included on a gift if their name isn't signed on it, unless maybe you hear it from the person who actually signed the gift. Just send TK cards to people who's names are actually on the gifts.

I wrote all our TY cards myself (DH handwriting is illegible) and signed all of them from "wife & hubby last name".  Since the gifts were for both of us, I felt it was appropriate to include both our names in the TY card.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards