Attire & Accessories Forum

Bought my dress but stuck on what color shoes to look for

I went shopping on Monday for my dress and actually fell in love with a gown that was completely the opposite of what I had pictured. I did not want to take it off and leave the store, lol. It will be in in about 5-6 months! Here is my problem. I am not a big shopper and shoes are something I am just now getting into. What color goes well with a blush dress? I had looked at white/ivory since that was the color dress I was looking at before falling in love with this blush dress. Do I do silver, ivory, champagne...? Our main wedding color is purple. Would a shade of purple work? Also, where is the best place to find shoes? I have already been to DSW, Dillard's, JC penny, and Macy's but they were very limited on bridal/evening shoes. The bridal lady said for me to get a wedge shoes for the beach ceremony and then could do heels for the reception. Thanks!!!!!

Re: Bought my dress but stuck on what color shoes to look for

• I would do ivory. I'm not usually a fan of silver shoes, but I think you could pull it off because of the beading here. 

Keep in mind your shoes will hardly show. I wore kermit green shoes and only a few people even noticed.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks! Very true. I know I will have a few photos taken of them/me in them but other than that you are right that people really will not see them. :)
  • You can look for stores that dye shoes.  If your seamstress cuts anything off the dress, you can send it along as a sample, and the shoes will match exactly if they're any good.  I love Shoes to Dye For, but they happen to be close to me.  I've used them for a couple of cocktail and formal dresses that were really difficult to match.  

That said, I'm going with colored shoes.  My ladies are wearing purple, so I bought one purple pair, and one red pair, because I really loved them.  I was going to go with a matching shoe, but decided to go with something I loved instead.  I'll make a decision between them later.  I actually couldn't find any shoes that I cared for, so I designed my own at Shoes of Prey.  Milk and Honey also has a great design function, but it's twice the price.  The online reviews for both are good, but my shoes won't arrive for another three and a half weeks.  

Good luck on your shoe search!  
  • Thanks missdelilah! I want a fun color too but wasn't sure if purple would go with blush. The dress will be coming in about a month before the wedding but I can always go back to the store to see the dress and match colors. I actually go back the 6th since my mom just started school again and couldn't leave to come down so I am taking her to see it then. Thanks for recommending stores. I am checking them out now.
  • Your dress is breath taking! OMG. Gorgeous! 

(I'm not help on shoes!)
  • My dress is champagne and ivory and I'm wearing turquoise shoes (from 6pm.com). Wear whatever you like and is comfortable. Purple will go great with blush, especially if it's a more pink-hued purple rather than one with blue tones.

• I like looking for shoes on Zappos.com because they have thousands, and it's free shipping both ways. Purple shoes would look great with that dress! If that's what you want, go for it. I would agree that wedges are better if you're doing a beach ceremony. Walking on sand in heels is not going to be fun. 
  • Thanks so much!!!! Going browsing now online, lol.
  • I agree, check out zappos.  That is where I got my shoes.  They have a great selection and with free shipping/free returns you can't go wrong ordering  a bunch to try and shipping back what you don't want.
  • Normally I hate silver shoes, but I think with the beading in your dress they'd look lovely. It can be hit or miss, but try Kohls, too!
  • atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Wear shoes that make you happy.  The only time they'll be seen is garter toss if you're doing that.  I wore metallic wedges--mainly because my ceremony was outside and I wanted to not sink into grass as I walked around.  But also because they were a shoe I could see myself wearing for a long time with a variety of dresses/pants.  The first time I wore them out after the wedding, I definitely got nostalgic because it hit me that they were my wedding shoes.  I definitely could not have worn some ivory satin bridal monstrosities to a trendy restaurant for dinner.

Go with something fun you'll wear again!

• FSUFanaticFSUFanatic member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Duplicate
  • I have been browsing all the sites listed here and more. I have found some that are ok but only one pair made me gasp. I just came across them. I am not a shoe person but OMG!!! Would these work? They only come in black and I would definitely wear them again. Still looking for the perfect wedge. @atlastmrsg‌ those are awesome!
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I bought simple white wedges on 6pm for our beach ceremony, and funky blue sparkly heels for the reception. I had a third pair of silver dance shoes for our waltz. It worked out well, because I changed my shoes all night when I felt like it. The dress was hemmed to the shortest ones. 

Since you have a long dress, the shes matter a lot less. Go for something you love and are comfortable. And if you can wear them again, awesome!

ETA: Where did you find those? I love Jimmy Choos!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • @msuprincess04‌ - thanks! We are going to get them when I am off work!!! He wanted to buy them online but I want to see them in person first. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Jimmy-Choo-Kuki-Lace-Platform-Sandal-Black/prod171030103/p.prod
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards