Ohio-Columbus

Westin Columbus: Ceremony in the ballroom or smaller room?

Please help!  We will be having our wedding at the Westin Columbus this December.  The reception will be in the gorgeous ballroom.  We have the option to have the ceremony in a smaller side room (more of a meeting room with carpet similar to this), or in the ballroom (for an extra $1000 to flip the room).  

Pro-ballroom: Much prettier setting, not having to decorate/have sound in two rooms sounds would counter the $1000 added cost
Pro-meeting room: Possibly better acoustics than the ballroom, more intimate atmosphere, more of a "wow" effect when guests enter the ballroom after the reception

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Westin Columbus: Ceremony in the ballroom or smaller room?

• edited August 2014
    How long will the flip take and where will your guest be, what will they do during it?

I'm cheap, so I'd save the $1k personally...that's a chunk of cash. And it solves my above questions.

Eta...I've never noticed the carpet during a wedding. The meeting room looks awful nice for a meeting room...that on top of the grand, I'd go with the meeting room.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• You can't go wrong with any choice here ... the Westin is stunning and will take good care of you!

It's a toss up, but I think I'll vote meeting room (intimate, still beautiful, etc..) into upper lobby for cocktails, into WOW walking into the ballroom for dinner and dancing.  Oh yeah, save the $1000, too!

But, if you choose the ballroom, your guests will WOW twice, because when it's flipped and ready for dinner, it will look very different from the ceremony.  

:-)

• I think the meeting room is what I'd go with. I like the big wow you get with a room change. (I'm doing a flip though so I think they both work) And I like saving $1000.

• I'd vote ballroom.  I've been to a wedding reception at the Westin (they used the smaller side room for cocktail hour and then the ballroom for dinner and dancing).  The ballroom is gorgeous.  The smaller side room was perfectly fine, but not memorable.

And if you really wanted the dramatic change, you could do the ceremony in the ballroom, cocktail hour in the side room (like my friends did) and then diner and dancing in the ballroom again.  That way the ballroom could be reset between "events."
  • Thanks for all the input!  

The suggested plan was ceremony in the meeting room, then cocktail hour in the foyer while we do photos (this is when the flip would happen), followed by reception in the ballroom.  

Any ideas for sprucing up the look of the meeting room??
  • Ask them if they have any pictures from other couples who have used the meeting room for the ceremony - you need ideas!  

Keep in mind, with those pretty Westin chairs, some flowers and an aisle runner - you might not need much more.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards