DC

Metro-accessible bridal shops

Hi, 

Can anyone recommend bridal stores (preferably not super-expensive) that are directly accessible via the DC Metro? (I lived in DC for a while so I know the cost of things there and that this is probably a pipe dream, but I have to ask...) 

I live and am getting married in MA but my MOH/sister lives near Virginia Square and does not have a car. Although my folks live in NoVA and could drive her to say, the David's in Woodbridge (my original plan), my mother keeps emphasizing the inconvenience to my sister due to her location/work schedule and is now pushing for a place that is directly Metro accessible -- MetroBus does not count, has to be the subway.  My other BMs cannot afford retail price designer dresses and I cannot afford to subsidize those kinds of dresses for them, so I am lost as I don't know any other chain-type stores to look for. The other maids are completely different body types than MOH and are located in MA and CA so coordination through a normal retail store like Macy's (mother's pick of choice -- go figure!) is more complicated. I want everyone to feel good in their dresses and I worried they will not be able to try all the options on before I make a decision. 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! 

Re: Metro-accessible bridal shops

• Well, it's not totally metro accessible but there is a David's in Springfield that is a bit closer than Woodbridge. It'd be a short cab ride from the Springfield metro. I think there are also a few bridal shops in Old Town Alexandria (King Street metro) but I didn't go to any of them so I'm not sure!

• kla728kla728 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    There is a David's that is metro accessible from Twinbrook (5 min walk) but that is gonna be a heck of a metro ride for you two.  

My BM's are in Oregon, Pennsylvania, New York, and Mass. so we ended up doing weddingtonway dresses.  We searched for what we liked online (I did get to go dress shopping with 2 girls to get ideas), identified stores near them that carried the dresses, they went and checked them out, and then we ordered on weddingtonway.  It was a process, but getting everyone together was never going to happen and I wanted them to at least SEE the dresses.  The dresses are pretty much what I imagined, and I think the girls are as okay with it as you can be about bridesmaids dresses?

• King Street Metro: - Le Star - Global Bridal - Ellie's - 4Everly - (one more, forgot the name) - Hannelore's ($$$)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards