Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Chatter

edited August 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
So this might be a slight post and run because I have to leave in about 10 minutes to go let Maddux outside but TODAY is my Friday so instead of posting a weekend post, I'm curious as what you ladies are occupying yourself with on this THURSDAY! Tonight, I'm going to CrossFit and afterwards probably just have a movie night with H. I need to clean around the house since I'm slacking on that lately. It's not too much more, just the guest bathroom and washing the mirrors and windows. We are having buffalo chicken again for dinner and that stuff is SPICY! I used this new Mexican brand hot sauce (Don't remember the same) but my mouth was on fire! 

Friday is going to be reallllyyy busy for me. I'm taking it off and getting some things done! That morning I'm starting my training for my first CrossFit competition in September with one of my team mates. Afterwards, Maddux and I are going to the vet to get his last round of puppy shots. Then I'm meeting my mom and little sister for lunch. After that I will probably go to Hobby Lobby and wish I could buy all the fall decorations but stop myself and just buy one picture frame for a painting H's grandparent's gave us and then look at things to use to decorate a huge canvas we have sitting in our guest bedroom. Then I'll go home and start putting together my new football wreath! It's going to be a house divided wreath for UGA and GT. Can't wait to show it to H. He is a hard core bulldogs fan. 

Saturday is LaPeanut1018 's bridal shower! I'm excited to go celebrate with her on that! Afterwards I need to get an emissions test done so I can renew my registration. Then....H and I have the rest of the day to chill. I need to find a place to hang up one of our mirrors around the house. 

Sunday is church and my dusting day. The last time I checked nothing was dusty yet but I have a feeling it will be by then. 

Monday I'm taking off again and doing some planning for @LaPeanut1018 's bachelorette party. It's secret stuff so I can't share.

Re: Thursday Chatter

• Options
    That sounds like fun!

I don't have much planned for today. I'm most likely going to work out and just relax. V and I just came back from a vacation and it was a lot of fun. We went to his hometown and I met a lot of his friends/family.

Tomorrow I'm going to work and I'm not sure what else. I'll watch my seahawks game but on the computer so it's less exciting. I also need to pay this dentist bill and I don't want to so blah.

The weekend I'll most likely work and just hang out. I'll have to relearn my geological timescale before school starts or my prof will rip me a new one. I'm also thinking of getting my mentor a get well soon card. He has back surgery tomorrow and he has done a lot for me. I think of him as a grandfather.

So overall, it's going to be a nice weekend.
  • Options
    Mixing samples. Writing. I have to work tonight at my new department, too. The sink in the bathroom isn't draining, so FI's going to augur it out tonight. And I have to sign the going-away card for my coworker (thankfully he's transferring to my new department, too).
  • Options
    Yay your first crossfit competition @southernpeach89!! Do you need a cheerleading section? Given I have zero cheerleading experience I should be fine haha

Today as you already know, I'm unpacking like a madwoman so that we can be all unpacked, off the floors, and vacuumed and mopped by Monday morning.

Because guys... The previous owners left us with FLEAS. I did bomb the house on Tuesday but there are still a ton of fleas so I'm bringing in the professionals (not nearly as pricey as I had feared) and after meeting them today I feel very confident we will be pest free relatively soon.

I AM SO ITCHY!

Tomorrow, H has off and he has a doc appt at 8:45 am. Then I imagine we will be mad moving, cleaning, unpacking.

Saturday, H's friend is bring our lawnmower so we can cut the lawn...hopefully we can get our laundry machines here too (though I want to do the bulk of our pre flea treatment laundry at the apartment so I can use their sewage system instead of our septic tank lol).

Sat & Sun I work 3-10

Monday at 7:30 our house and it's flea inhabitants are going to be bombed with flea killer. I can't wait until they are all dead.

I'm violent when it comes to pests :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    H and I are going to finish sanding our floors (the closet floors mostly) and try to start staining them! Hopefully we don't screw it up. H has been watching so many You Tube tutorials but each one offers different advice. My niece's birthday is this weekend too so we will have a party for that as well. Should be a nice weekend. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Tonight my bestie is coming over after work and staying the night. I'm hoping for chick flicks, ice cream and some relationship gossip!

I also am expecting a call from my SIL to discuss why she was angry with me Sunday. Not looking forward to that awkwardness...but if it puts it to bed finally, i'm all for it.

I'm selling a bunch of leftover wedding favors we didn't use at $2 each to a lady tonight...so yay for an extra $100 in my pocket!

I used a groupon for Blue Apron...and they mailed me a box of yummies...so now I have to decide which one to make for dinner tonight:

1. Spice-Rubbed Pork Medallions with Peach Salsa & Cilantro Grean Bean Rice
    2. Pan Seared Chicken Thighs with Roasted Baby Zebra Eggplants & Fennel Salad
    3. Fresh Gnocchi with Maitake Mushrooms & Sweet Corn & Thyme Brown Butter

Anyone want to vote on what I should make for dinner?

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @southernpeach89‌ ahh good for you on the crossfit competition!! I know someone who got into that and looks amazing!

@allusive007‌ I vote pork medallions!!

Today/tonight I have nothing big planned... Dinner at my moms then a workout! I feel like a beast today because I haven't shaved my legs in a few days and in wearing a maxi skirt and my hairy ass legs keep rubbing each other. So sexy. I also what to eat lunch already but I should really hold off

ETF my iPhones autocorrection of crossfit to crossfire
  • Options
    @allusive007 - I vote for the pork...it sounds yummy (though all of them do)
  • Options

I actually have no plans this weekend, it will be a boring one.  H will probably start on the backsplash though for the kitchen I think his goal is to get that done this weekend.  We'll see I guess.  

I need to do some cleaning around the house tonight and some laundry.  We finished sanding down the walls that we spackeled yesterday in the spare bedroom, so now we can paint it.  We are debating (although H left it up to me) whether to paint the room a light gray or to wait until I'm pregnant and then paint it depending on the gender.  So I'm debating what I like to do.  It seems like cart before the horse a bit, but it's a a project for once the kitchen is done.

I've been good about eating better this week and working out! I'm very proud of myself.  It's a bit of a slow day at work and that kinda sucks.  Is it 5 yet?

Anniversary

• Options
    @allusive007 I vote for the baby zebra eggplant because I was like "but eggplant is a vegetable? How's it made from baby zebras?" Priceless
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @buttercup1958 -Football on the computer is way less exciting! I used to have to watch GT on the computer when they would have "less significant" games...it sucked!

@Ollie08 -YAY FOR Marriage License!!!

@KeptInStitches -Whenever our sink wasn't draining it was all my fault because my crazy brown hair would get in it..it was gross!

@Blue&White -I demand there be a cheerleading section for ME!!! IT must be you!

@Minskat30 -Good luck with your floors! Let us know how they turn out! I would like to be able to do that one day too if we get another house.

@allusive007- Good luck with your conversation with your SIL, I hate those talks but it's good to get them out. I vote GNOCCHI! I love that stuff!

@BreMR -I hate shaving lol. it takes too long.

@Peaseblossom55 -i can't wait to see pictures of all these things you're getting done to the house. Y'all are renovating machines!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 It's very depressing! Luckily I will be able to watch my games soon at my local sports bar.
  • Options
    @swazzle -Yes our mailman hates us because I told him to stop giving us the wrong people's mail so I think he intentionally loses our invitations to NEYers!

Good luck with the MRI results, I hope it's not anything that requires surgery!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 I can't wait to AW pictures of the kitchen once they are done!

Anniversary

• Options
    Yay your first crossfit competition @southernpeach89!! Do you need a cheerleading section? Given I have zero cheerleading experience I should be fine haha Today as you already know, I'm unpacking like a madwoman so that we can be all unpacked, off the floors, and vacuumed and mopped by Monday morning. Because guys... The previous owners left us with FLEAS. I did bomb the house on Tuesday but there are still a ton of fleas so I'm bringing in the professionals (not nearly as pricey as I had feared) and after meeting them today I feel very confident we will be pest free relatively soon. I AM SO ITCHY! Tomorrow, H has off and he has a doc appt at 8:45 am. Then I imagine we will be mad moving, cleaning, unpacking. Saturday, H's friend is bring our lawnmower so we can cut the lawn...hopefully we can get our laundry machines here too (though I want to do the bulk of our pre flea treatment laundry at the apartment so I can use their sewage system instead of our septic tank lol). Sat & Sun I work 3-10 Monday at 7:30 our house and it's flea inhabitants are going to be bombed with flea killer. I can't wait until they are all dead. I'm violent when it comes to pests :)
    I got you! We can sit together and I will teach you everything you need to know! Go @Southernpeach89!!

Tonight I have cheer. I had to cancel last night because out of my team of 12, four were away and two couldn't make it due to other things so it was pointless to have half the team. 

Tomorrow is our last half day of the summer. I am going to sit my ass on the couch and snuggle with my Tessie girl. Those are my favorite kind of days.

This weekend I have a cheer thing Saturday morning and that's it. I'm not sure what we are going to do at all. Hopefully it will be a relaxing weekend!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options

@southernpeach89 TELL ME ALL THE SECRET THINGS OR YOU'RE FIRED!

@Blue & White Good luck killing the fleas! The only response to biting bugs is violence so you are ok in my book!

@allusive007 I'm voting for #3 because I am in a gnocchi mood and I love mushrooms!!

@ollie08 How did I miss that the wedding was offiically happening??? I'm so excited for you! I can't remember, did you have any ring inspiration?

FI and I really need to go grocery shopping so I think we'll do that after working out tonight. Tomorrow is a regular work day for me but I need to try and fit in lunch with my mom and sisters, and also pick up hostess gifts for my bridal shower. I already got them each a bottle of wine but I want to pick up a gc to their favorite restaurant as well. They have all sorts of stuff planned that they aren't telling me or my mom about and I feel really overwhelmed and blessed to have such generous people in my life!

Saturday is the shower! WOO! What are everyone's opinions on this? I ordered cake pop favors because I feel like I should be doing SOMETHING for this shower and it's driivng me nuts that this huge thing is happening without me contributing at all. However, I've been told the favors aren't necessary....so should I save myself the $50-$60 and cancel the order? Bring them anyway? After the shower my mom and I are going to visit an old coworker of hers who does woodworking and discuss plans to make a custom wooden toolbox for FI as a wedding gift from my mom and dad.

Sunday is another busy day! FI and I are heading to north GA to visit a friend and her BF and go horseback riding. WHEE! I haven't been in forever and I'm super excited. Afterwards we are going to drink wine and eat steak and twice baked potatoes and I absolutely cannot wait! Plus we get to bring Cinders with us so she can play with my friend's dogs while we hang out.

• Options
    @southernpeach89 what's the date in sept? @caseface5 is gonna help me learn to cheer!!

I think i would be an excellent flyer except:
    A) I weigh more than 100 pounds (shocker)
    B) I'm kinda scared of crashing and dying for obvious reasons
  • Options
    @caseface5 -You're allowed to cheer with Blue because you're a cheerleading coach and have the expertise! lol

@DoubleSS07 -Have fun with your H this weekend, that sounds like such a romantic weekend!

@LaPeanut1018 -NEVER! You can't fire me lol!  I want to go horse back riding with you!!

@Blue&WHITE -It's SEptember 6th. YOU WON'T DIE @Caseface5 will catch you!
  • Options
    @swazzle & @southernpeach89 - I KNOW ME TOO!!!!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

@Ollie08 so excited for you!

@DoubleSS07 have fun this weekend and good luck!

Anniversary

• Options
    Ollie08 said:
    @LaPeanut1018 it happened just recently. For some reason Q got bit by the "I don't want wedding drama, I just want to be married to you" bug. So he called up our pastor, secured the date, and met with the jeweler! Here's a not so great pic of the design on screen. It's not actually as dark as it appears (the metal), and the stone will be rotated to go down the finger. Also, the stones down the band are from his mom's ring. 

Yayayayayayay! I love it! So excited!!!

• Options
    @ollie08 do you need a completely non professional photog on the 13th? I'm off that day due to my bros wedding and I'm supposed to go to hotlanta for @lapeanut1018's bach party but maybe I can swing both!
  • Options
    @ollie08 So excited for you!!

@southernpeach89, this sink has been a problem since we moved in. It's finally just stopped working altogether.
  • Options
    @Blue - haha!! We didn't even think of photography. Kind of just figured I'd bring my camera and hope someone could get something that I can jazz up afterward lol 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards