Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

programs?

I'm having a short ceremony, outside at our venue. It's about 15mins. I'm not doing programs. Anyone else not doing programs??
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: programs?

• Options

Im not doing them either. I actually have never been to a wedding that had them, so I didnt feel like I needed them either. I think they are really cute, just not really my thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    They're totally optional.

We did them because our ceremony had prayers and readings that were call-and-response, that not everyone would be familiar with.  We wanted to give people the option of reading along, and speaking aloud if they wished to participate.   We printed them ourselves on our home computer/printer for like $10 in supplies.

If your ceremony is short and fairly standard, then skip programs.  It's no big deal.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    We did not have programs.
  • Options
    I know programs are NOT necessary. I made mine for about $20 out of kraft paper & lace ribbon. I just thought they were cute, other than that I would have skipped them. 
  • Options
    It's one of those things I wouldn't do if I had to do my wedding all over again.  I really only did them because my little cousin wanted a "job" and I already had a flower girl (and other family drama caused her not to be a junior bridesmaid, like I was originally going to ask her to be).  Turns out she stood at the door of the church chatting with my other little cousins instead of handing them out, so now I have a whole bunch of programs.  I think I'll wallpaper my bathroom with them:-P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards