Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Setting up a private facebook group

Hi knottie

I've been thinking of creating a private facebook group (ie closed and can't find using search) for wedding guests. Would that be ok? I would think so as long as they are invited to the wedding.

Cheers

Re: Setting up a private facebook group

• Options
    Ehh, I wouldn't risk information leaking outside. In general I think Pre-Wedding Stuff+Social Media=Bad Idea.

Why do you need a group for your guests anyway?
  • Options
    I did. It was just for a subset of guests that are the same age and were traveling in from out of town. They were all coming in from different locations, so they used the group to coordinate their rental cars and flights. It's not necessary, but it doesn't really hurt. I'd only do it if it makes sense.
  • Options
    Why?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'd just be careful not to post anything on the Facebook page that you're not okay with sharing with the world at large.
  • Options
    You can set one up, but it doesn't mean people will join (I wouldn't). I don't like a lot of facebook activity, and I wouldn't want people access to my profile.
  • Options
    twitterbirdtwitterbird member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Just an idea I was throwing around in my head mostly as a place to collect photos people put on facebook in one spot. We have other options we're looking at that would probably work better for us anyways. It probably is unnecessary.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards