October 2014 Weddings

Wedding Cakes?

We are going this Saturday to the bakery!!! We were thinking about doing a fall themed wedding cake incorporating our colors. The cake topper we have not decided we were thinking little pumpkins on top with our initials. What does your wedding cake look like? 

Re: Wedding Cakes?

• We're doing a small round cake for cutting purposes, then millions of cupcakes. We're not having our cupcakes made to look any specific way. I just told the baker we wanted the three flavors, and she said she'd do something "awesome." I trust her. The small cake will look a lot like the cake in the first pic, and we have cupcake stands like the one in the second pic.

• We are doing sheet cakes and pie.  Instead of cutting cake, FI and I will cut pie.  I still need to decide on pie flavors, but I'm thinking some different fruit flavors and maybe a few pumpkin or pecan pies as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a 3-tier cake with buttercream icing and fresh flowers placed all over. We'll also probably use flowers on top since we aren't doing a cake topper. I'm so excited for our cake and the different flavors! We are having champagne cake with strawberry filling, chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, and spice cake with cream cheese filling. I might have to have one of each!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ours is a similar concept to the one attached, flowers in the same place, three tiers.  The flowers will be plum and ivory with greens.  The icing will be spackled instead of the way it is in this photo.
  • My cake will be a 2-tier cake; bottom layer will be chocolate w/peanut butter cup mousse filling, top tier will be amaretto w/ almond crunch filling.  Our cake should look like the following:

Anniversary
  • We're doing a narrow 4 tier cake with alternating flavors of almond with raspberry filling on the bottom and 2nd from the top tier, and spice cake with cream cheese toffee filling on the 2nd tier and top tier. We're going for a naturally iced look with buttercream frosting and my florist is adding a cascade of sahara roses down the side.

• We are doing all pies! I have a few cake stands which we are stacking pies on. I think I want to use a tall cream pie for the cutting one and to put a cake topper on. Reading the post just reminded me that I need to find a cake topper. That has completely slipped my mind!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • We're doing a narrow 4 tier cake with alternating flavors of almond with raspberry filling on the bottom and 2nd from the top tier, and spice cake with cream cheese toffee filling on the 2nd tier and top tier. We're going for a naturally iced look with buttercream frosting and my florist is adding a cascade of sahara roses down the side.

Um - can I please be invited, or at least can you please send me a piece of the spice cake w/cream cheese toffee filling - thanks!!!

Anniversary

Um - can I please be invited, or at least can you please send me a piece of the spice cake w/cream cheese toffee filling - thanks!!!
    Or  hell, a tub of the filling would suffice!

Or  hell, a tub of the filling would suffice!
    When you say 'tub' you are talking 'bathtub full' right???

Anniversary
  • @Pepperally @Dignity100 If you ever are in Atlanta I'll tell you where my baker is at. You can go to her and get ALL the cream cheese frosting with toffee you can eat! After October you don't need to worry about fitting in a wedding dress anymore so it won't matter!

• Maybe I'll plan a post-honeymoon trip down south :)  Get the bathtub ready!
  • Our cake is a two tier rustic cake similar to the one picture. Top tier is red velvet with raspberry filling and bottom is vanilla almond cake with raspberry filling--buttercream icing too. We plan to have 17 dozen cupcakes as well as 15-17 different types of cookies for our cookie table. Cupcake flavors include red velvet, oreo, peanut butter cup, s'mores, pumpkin spice, lemon drop, and vanilla raspberry. :) I've attached a pic of the sample cupcakes our baker sent home with us. ;) They didn't last 2 miles haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • We are doing a 2-tier cake (small: 6” on 8”) of Vanilla Chiffon cake filled with vanilla pastry cream or vanilla Bavarian cream and house made strawberry jam, finished with marzipan. The bottom tier will be covered in small marzipan flowers and the top will have the quote "To define love is to limit it." written on it.

Photo inspirations:
  • 2 tier square cake and its funfetti flavored with buttercream frosting! Didnt think our venue could do it but my FH insisted on finding out since funfetti is his favorite!

• Three tier vanilla cake with white chocolate butter cream filling with fresh strawberries. We're doing traditional swirl and dot decorations. Giant last initial as cake topper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iI am making my cake/cupcakes. my cake will just be a small heart cake. just boring (but good) funfetti with buttercream icing.my cupcakes will be on small cupcake trees forming a semi circle around the cake. many flavors like strawberry mararita, smores, banana cream pie, nutella, coconut, chocolate, vanilla, and cassatta cake cupcakes!!
  • ours is going to be a 3 tier square cake with white cake as raspberry fillings (with fresh half rasberry slices in it) and pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese filling and frosted with a buttercream that is to DIE for. 

it will be decorated with a cascade of light blue sugar hydrangea petals and be topped with a neon green and navy blue "12" as we are HUGE Seahawks fans. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards