Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

No information on dress arrival - ordered 9 months ago!

I ordered my Blu by Mori Lee wedding dress as well as 5 Mori Lee bridesmaid dresses last November.  I called the shop in May to check in, and they told me the wedding dress would be in mid-August with the bridesmaid dresses coming later.  Then, my Matron of Honor called a few weeks back and they told her the bridesmaid dresses would be in the first week of September, but she didn't ask about my dress.  

Today, I called again to follow-up and the store could not answer me.  They said they have not heard anything from the manufacturer and couldn't get a hold of anyone in customer service there today.  I realize that it's only August 14th and I shouldn't panic just yet (wedding is Nov. 1), but I don't like that they can't get me an answer.  Am I freaking out over nothing?  Or should I start to worry / come up with a backup plan?

Re: No information on dress arrival - ordered 9 months ago!

• Options
    I wouldn't start freaking out but you need to talk to a manager. It's crazy to need 10 months for a wedding dress and BM dresses.

Just call and ask them to give you a status update from the manufacturer. Don't let them tell you no. This is part if their job.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    That's what I did today. They said the manufacturer isn't getting back to them...
  • Options

That's what I did today. They said the manufacturer isn't getting back to them...

That's not good enough 2.5 months before your wedding. I would call them first thing tomorrow and tell them you expect a status update by COB tomorrow. Its Mori Lee - not some mom and pop shop they're calling. My guess is the problem lies with them.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I'd say don't freak out, but politely demand an answer.  You need to plan your alterations, so having an eta on the dress is absolutely necessary at this point.  

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  My FI would be throwing punches in the salon if that happens to me.
  • Options
    You definitely need to demand an answer. My wedding dress is Mori Lee and it took 6 months to come in. I think 9 months is far took long and at this point they should know exactly when it is shipping. Your bridal salon needs to get their shit together and figure this out. 

You have plenty of time to get it altered before you wedding, so don't panic! Just make sure you work to get the answers you need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards