Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Finebridal.com.au Reputable??

Does anyone have any experience with finebridal.com.au? I'm IN LOVE with a dress I found on there, but unfortunately I can't seem to find a lot regarding the site's reputation. If you have had experience and it is a reputable site, what can you tell me your opinion about the size/fit/etc?

Re: Finebridal.com.au Reputable??

• Options
    Chinese knock off site.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

It's a knockoff site.  Don't trust it.  Check out this site for examples of how knockoff gowns end up looking.

https://www.facebook.com/BridesBeware?ref=br_tf

• Options
    It's interesting.  There are a few knock off sites with Australian addresses, but I haven't come across terribly many.  The pictures are taken directly from the designers' websites, and I doubt the end product looks anything like them.  

Would you be more comfortable sharing your budget with us and styles of dresses that you like, and having some of the community members help you do research?  There are a couple of ladies who are wonderful with it.

If you want a really good deal on a legitimate dress check out www.bestbridalprices.com or www.pearlsplace.com.  These are actual brick and mortar stores in the US that happen to sell online also.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    It's interesting.  There are a few knock off sites with Australian addresses, but I haven't come across terribly many.  The pictures are taken directly from the designers' websites, and I doubt the end product looks anything like them.  

Would you be more comfortable sharing your budget with us and styles of dresses that you like, and having some of the community members help you do research?  There are a couple of ladies who are wonderful with it.

If you want a really good deal on a legitimate dress check out www.bestbridalprices.com or www.pearlsplace.com.  These are actual brick and mortar stores in the US that happen to sell online also.
    Good advice for someone from the USA, but not from Australia.  Shipping and customs charges negate the savings.  OP, why not post a photo of the dress?  Maybe we can find the original designer for you.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

CMGragain said:

Good advice for someone from the USA, but not from Australia.  Shipping and customs charges negate the savings.  OP, why not post a photo of the dress?  Maybe we can find the original designer for you.
    It does help if you have someone in the US to help you with shipping.  I sent my sister's gown, with $5,000 of insurance via USPS from Boston to Sydney for about $50.  If you mark it as a gift you don't have to pay taxes.  Slightly dodgy, sure, but living in Australia is often really limiting (although in this case my sister was just trying to save money).  

And just because I like adding pictures to posts:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards