Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Enclosure Card Confusion

Hey all!  

I am confused about how many enclosure cards I "need".  I know its all relative but thought I would ask the experts opinions :)  So beyond the invitation itself and the RSVP enclosure card, what other enclosure cards should I consider ordering?  Ideas?

Our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception are all outdoors at a local park with a tent as a back up for rain.  We do have 2 hotels blocked for rooms.  We also have a wedding app/website where further details can be put.  I really love the idea of the pocket folds for invitations but I think they look silly unless they are full.  What do ya'll think?

Thanks in advance!!! You ladies ROCK!

Re: Enclosure Card Confusion

• Options
    You only need the invitation.  Most people use RSVP return cards, too, but they are technically optionally.  You might put a small insert card to direct people to your wedding website.  Pocketfolds are a recent fashion.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    You don't need a separate reception card since your ceremony and reception are in the same location. Sounds like you only need an rsvp card (not required but most people do include them). You can include an accommodations card if you want but again, not required. It will just add more weight to the overall invitation. We did because the majority of our guest will have to travel for the wedding and I wanted them to be aware of the courtesy blocks already in place. I mean honestly...I prefer invitations that are just a single flat sheet. Its easier for me to stick it on the fridge that way without worrying about losing all the extra stuff.

• Options

This was throwing me for a loop too! First snafoo was whether or not to order invites online or DIY. After choosing a decent, yet inexpensive (comparatively), design and filling out all the info it was way too much money. So I went to Michaels and found a nice design and printed them out myself. Because I was limited on stationary I chose to print out an Invitation, the RSVP card and a catch all Guest Information card (really meant for RSVP card so it is the same size). ON the Guest Info card I included the full address of the ceremony/reception site, entrée description (choice of 3) accommodations and directed them to the website. It is kind of a lot to put on the card but spaced right it looks pretty good. It also saves on weight and money for the cards/ink.

• Options
    What inserts you should include really depends on the details of your wedding. For instance, our pocket folds have one insert for directions, one for parking and the RSVP card with envelope. We have a lot of guests driving in from out of town and parking options at our venue vary and are more complicated than "park in the adjacent lot." I also have a number of guests that I know won't check a website for that information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can include an accommodation card and a map/directions card for the guests, especially the out-of-towners who are not familiar with the place. You can even mention your wedding website on the invitation itself or use a separate insert. RSVP is must as it will help you to get the exact head count for the seating arrangements. I think if your wedding and reception are at the same place, there is no need of a reception card. You can also go for an attire card if there is any specific dress code.
  • Options
    You ladies are awesome!! Thank you so much!!! I think because the majority of our guests are from out of town, I am going to do a map for sure because there are multiple places to park but one is much larger than the other. Then an accommodations card with our hotel blocks and wedding website. Then of course the RSVP and the RSVP envelope. Thanks so much for your help!!! It was helpful to see what you all did and your reasons behind!
  • Options
    We had the following in our pocket fold:

Invitation (ceremony and reception at the same place)
    RSVP card and addressed and stamped envelope
    FAQ card - mentioned it was on the actual beach, there will be a shoe valet, shuttle information and our website
    directions (wedding was 6 years ago and our location was not on most GPS systems.)

Enclosures I've seen in the past in addition to mine:

accommodations
    reception card (if they are in separate locations)
    Maps, special instructions (i.e. parking options, need ID because it's on a military base)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm having a plated dinner, so I included full descriptions of each of the entrees on an insert rather than just chicken, fish, vegetarian. The same card included the hotel block information and the wedding website. For just the invitations that included kids, I had another insert that described the kids' meal and instructed them to write in the number of kids' meals at the bottom of the RSVP - I didn't want kids' information on the main RSVP in case it gave anyone whose kids weren't invited the idea that they were.

• Options

I'm having a plated dinner, so I included full descriptions of each of the entrees on an insert rather than just chicken, fish, vegetarian. The same card included the hotel block information and the wedding website. For just the invitations that included kids, I had another insert that described the kids' meal and instructed them to write in the number of kids' meals at the bottom of the RSVP - I didn't want kids' information on the main RSVP in case it gave anyone whose kids weren't invited the idea that they were.
    Thank you!!  We are doing a buffet with 2 meats, a veggie, mac n cheese and a salad with fruit and almonds.  Do I need to include this info on the card?  Or can I just do the traditional "reception to follow".  

On the RSVPs I was debating doing "Special Dietary Needs:___________".  But as far as I know we only have 1 vegetarian couple coming so I was going to work with our caterer to have something additional for them.  Do you think the RSVP addition is necessary?
  • Options
    I don't think you need to spell out what the food is since it's a buffet, but I would include the dietary restrictions line. There may be a lot of nut allergies you don't know about so you could have the nuts for the salad on the side.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards