Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Bridesmaids Order

Hi There.  I'm hoping some of you can help shed some light on how to order my bridesmaids.

Firstly, I love all of my bridesmaids equally and am more than thrilled that they are going to stand up with me there on my big day.  This is a big commitment on their part and I'm very appreciative that they all will be there.  I have 6 total bridesmaids.  There is my MOH sister, my fiances two sisters, and my three friends.

I really have no idea which order to go in. I'm not too concerned about height but would like the people who have known me the longest to be closest. Also my fiance's sisters are significantly younger than us and the rest of the bridal party. Were 31 and they're 18 and 22.  Would it be ok to go from youngest to oldest?  We have no ring barer or flower girl so they'd be the first ones down the aisle.

How have you all ordered your bridesmaids when your future sister in laws are part of the bunch?

I'm totally clueless on this and need some advice.

Re: Bridesmaids Order

• Options
    Your MOH will stand next to you. Beyond that I would not plan their order. No matter how you do it it will look like you are ranking your friends. Just let them figure it out for themselves at the rehearsal. 
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Even though you say you don't care about height, it's a good way to order people without seeming arbitrary (or like you are ranking people). Usually it's tallest first (so they're the furthest out from you), shortest last. 
  • Options
    That said, I'm having my three BMs rock-paper-scissors for the order. Since they are all glamazons and each is a solid foot taller than me. The jerks.
  • Options
    I was just in a wedding where she made it known she ordered us by "importance." Gross. For our wedding I'm doing it by height, and it just so happens my sisters/MOHs are the tallest, followed by FIs sister. Don't stress about it - you can do it by height, let it happen naturally at the rehearsal, whatever works.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

tcnoble - that was very rude of the bride.

Going by age, from youngest to oldest is impartial and shouldn't hurt any feelings. The MOH proceeds immediately before you and stands next to you during the ceremony.

• Options
    Our attendants ordered themselves. Aside from our MOH/BM being closest, I can't tell you who stood where.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards