Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Outdoor venue HELP!

My fiancé and I are trying to plan a small (50 guests max) casual, outdoor wedding. We are leaning towards next September 2015...but very easy going and open to ideas. I'm having trouble finding a venue that doesn't have a guest requirement...yet is still affordable ($100 or so a head) We don't want a banquet hall type setting, were looking for a fun, informal vibe...with plenty of booze and no stuffiness!! I looked into Cape May, and that seemed seriously expensive and again, we didn't have enough guests....we're open to ANYWHERE in PA, New York or New Jersey, water (lake or ocean) is a serious plus.... ANY suggestions are very much appreciated, as I feel I'm about to start banging my head into walls!

Re: Outdoor venue HELP!

• I had the opposite problem!  A lot of my favorite spaces were too small for my guest count.  I searched on Partyspace and a really cool option sounds like the Magic Gardens in Philly off of South Street.  That would be really artsy & different:

I would also check out the Fairmount Park website- they offer some really unique locations in Philly without a venue limit.  

If you check out the site I'm sure you can find some more ideas.  Good luck!!
  • Agreed! A lot of the unique/outdoor venues I found were too small for my guest list. Try Historic Bethlehem (PA) or Historic Hudson Valley (NY). Those will be more DIY venues, where you bring in caterers off a recommended list. John James Audubon Center (PA), Mauch Chunk Ballroom (Jim Thorpe, PA), Rodale Institute (Kutztown, PA), Flynns on the Hill (NJ), Rutgers Garden (NJ) and The Ardmore Mansion at Mountain View Manor (NY) also look very cute. Some of those are indoors with outdoor ceremonies....a few are actual outdoor pavilions. However, they are all unique, not stuffy, and have rain day plans!
  • you can also find some pretty beautiful bread and breakfasts for your size of a party
  • Morris Arboretum in Philadelphia does not have a guest count either and the ceremony and reception can both be outside. You can pick from 6 caterers so you can likely stick to your budget there as well.
  • If you're looking for something unique, you could try the Renaissance Faire at the Mount Holly Winery and Estates. My cousin is looking into getting married  there and it could be really cool. 
  • Rivercrest weddings in Phoenixville. They have a revenue minimum, not a guest minimum and sundays are very reasonable. They have 3 ceremony options: indoors, outdoors and outdoors with a roof.  It's beautiful and will be my location in 6 months. Good luck!
  • I might be too late, but you should check this place out! I've been working with JAM catering and they just redid the space, it's beautiful and can host any size party, plus for outdoor space in Philly its a great price! http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e9x34kz8ad66eadf&llr=b6yhtucab
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards