Registry and Gift Forum

Gift ideas for parents of bride and groom. Do i have to get grandparents and step mom too?

I am getting married next month and want to get the parents of my Fiancee and I a nice gift for the wedding. I have some ideas but Id like some advice. I want to get the moms jewelry. I was thinking about a pandora bracelet starter kit? I would get a starfish charm for each since were getting married at the beach and maybe a mom charm and a couple fillers? What do you think? I know my future MIL doesnt really wear jewelry tho so idk if thats the best idea. My mom would love it but I want to get them the same thing to make it equal. I was also wondering about my grandparents? I cant afford to spend on 4 pandora bracelets but I can def work with 2. Maybe a necklace for the grandparents? and what about my step-mother? Do i have to get her a bracelet too or will a necklace do? Also, I was thinking about getting the dads an engraved pocket watch? No one uses pocket watches tho but I thought it would be a cute little keep sake for the wedding? I have 0 other ideas for dads gifts but I want them to also be the same. Should I get my grandfather a pocket watch too? I was hoping to spend around $250 for each parent gift and around $100 for the grandparents gifts. Any advice would be appreciated. We are getting married in Keywest. Thanks so much!

Re: Gift ideas for parents of bride and groom. Do i have to get grandparents and step mom too?

• twiggy327 said:
    I am getting married next month and want to get the parents of my Fiancee and I a nice gift for the wedding. I have some ideas but Id like some advice. I want to get the moms jewelry. I was thinking about a pandora bracelet starter kit? I would get a starfish charm for each since were getting married at the beach and maybe a mom charm and a couple fillers? What do you think? I know my future MIL doesnt really wear jewelry tho so idk if thats the best idea. My mom would love it but I want to get them the same thing to make it equal. I was also wondering about my grandparents? I cant afford to spend on 4 pandora bracelets but I can def work with 2. Maybe a necklace for the grandparents? and what about my step-mother? Do i have to get her a bracelet too or will a necklace do? Also, I was thinking about getting the dads an engraved pocket watch? No one uses pocket watches tho but I thought it would be a cute little keep sake for the wedding? I have 0 other ideas for dads gifts but I want them to also be the same. Should I get my grandfather a pocket watch too? I was hoping to spend around $250 for each parent gift and around $100 for the grandparents gifts. Any advice would be appreciated. We are getting married in Keywest. Thanks so much!
    That is very nice of you to be so giving.  The gifts are not required.  Is your step-mom hosting, or you just want her to be included/not left out?

You should let go of the bolded.  Shop like you would for a birthday present; if FMIL doesn't wear jewelry, then she probably won't be into a charm bracelet.  Go ahead and get one for mom, and if you're really concerned about equity, then look for something else that FMIL would like in the same range.  Think about her hobbies and interests, and go from there.

As far as keepsakes...I know some people, particularly grandparents (at least in my family) can be into these things, but in my house they are usually tucked away to collect dust.  Again, think about what they would like versus what you would like to give them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards