Wedding Party

Robes from Etsy?

I wanted to get my BMs and I all matching robes, like the ones all over Etsy that are floral printed and really colorful and pretty. I thought I had found a good shop but when I read the reviews they were awful. So I moved on to a different shop, and same thing. In fact they all seemed to have really bad reviews. I had a problem with a seller on Etsy before so I don't want to get into all that again or even risk it. Has anyone had any luck with any Etsy shops that sell robes like this? Or do you know of a different place where I could order them? TIA!

Re: Robes from Etsy?

• I wanted to get my BMs and I all matching robes, like the ones all over Etsy that are floral printed and really colorful and pretty. I thought I had found a good shop but when I read the reviews they were awful. So I moved on to a different shop, and same thing. In fact they all seemed to have really bad reviews. I had a problem with a seller on Etsy before so I don't want to get into all that again or even risk it. Has anyone had any luck with any Etsy shops that sell robes like this? Or do you know of a different place where I could order them? TIA!
    I don't know where to buy floral robes, so I'm sorry I cannot help you there. 

Keep in mind a few things re. robes: 

1) attire or other accessories for the wedding day are not considered "gifts"
    2) not very many people actually get ready in robes, especially if they're around a big group of people
    3) do not photograph your friends in their robes - this makes people uncomfortable and they won't want to speak up and say no
    4) do not require that they wear these

IMO, robes are going to go the way of puffy sleeves and perms. Most of the time people want these for "getting ready photos" that will make people uncomfortable and look dated anyway. 

Could you save your money and put it toward offering to pay for a pedi for the wedding? I would appreciate that WAY more than a robe.
    *********************************************************************************

• Do all of your bridesmaids like and wear robes? I wear a big terry cloth robe, but I would hate a floral satin robe.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    Do all of your bridesmaids like and wear robes? I wear a big terry cloth robe, but I would hate a floral satin robe.
    This.  I have a big fluffy pink robe but, like Addie, hate the short stain robes.  And even though I love wearing my big fluffy robe to stay warm in the winter, I hate wearing it to get ready in.  I prefer to wear a pair of yoga pants, a tank and a zip up hoodie.

• If I got a robe as a bridal party gift, it would be donated to Goodwill the following Monday. Get them something you know they'd like, and it doesn't have to match,
  • The robes weren't meant to be their BM gifts, it was more of a convenience thing (because if you're wearing a regular shirt it can mess up hair and makeup when you take it off). I have a short cotton robe that I always wear when I'm getting ready for something just because it's easier than getting dressed and then changing again later when it's time to put on the fancy outfit. 

But that's just me. I guess I didn't think of the fact that not everyone likes wearing a robe to get ready. I'm glad you guys gave me that feedback. Maybe I'll just skip these and do something the girls are more likely to enjoy. 

Thank you! 
  • The robes weren't meant to be their BM gifts, it was more of a convenience thing (because if you're wearing a regular shirt it can mess up hair and makeup when you take it off). I have a short cotton robe that I always wear when I'm getting ready for something just because it's easier than getting dressed and then changing again later when it's time to put on the fancy outfit. 

But that's just me. I guess I didn't think of the fact that not everyone likes wearing a robe to get ready. I'm glad you guys gave me that feedback. Maybe I'll just skip these and do something the girls are more likely to enjoy. 

Thank you! 
    Most women know to wear a button down or zip-up for getting ready if they have their make up and/or hair done. If you don't think they know about this trick, just tell them.
    *********************************************************************************

Thank you! 
    The bolded sounds like a good idea.

Something else to keep in mind.  Not everyone likes to be photographed "getting ready" for a wedding either.  If anyone in your wedding party feels that way, respect their feelings and don't require it of them.
  • I don't like to be photographed "getting ready" lol. I think I'm going to ask the photographer to just come later. 
  • Good for skipping the robes. I don't wear them, ever. If you want to do something nice for your bms, buy coffee, tea, pastry and sandwiches to hold them over until your ceremony. Then everyone won't be scrambling to find something to eat between getting ready and getting to the ceremony.

• Jen4948 said:
    The robes weren't meant to be their BM gifts, it was more of a convenience thing (because if you're wearing a regular shirt it can mess up hair and makeup when you take it off). I have a short cotton robe that I always wear when I'm getting ready for something just because it's easier than getting dressed and then changing again later when it's time to put on the fancy outfit. 

Thank you! 
    The bolded sounds like a good idea.

Something else to keep in mind.  Not everyone likes to be photographed "getting ready" for a wedding either.  If anyone in your wedding party feels that way, respect their feelings and don't require it of them.
    I see that you already decided not to get them, but I'll just throw in that Forever 21 has some cheap and pretty short floral robes.  The Bride at the shower I was at on Saturday got one of them, and it was really cute.  I agree that providing food is an awesome idea. 

• I don't like to be photographed "getting ready" lol. I think I'm going to ask the photographer to just come later. 
    I hate the "getting ready pics" trend as well.  Who the hell will be happy to have pictures of themselves taken mid getting ready?  I just don't get it.  None of those pictures are going to end up on your walls in your house or in your wedding album so it is really a waste.  If you and your friends want to take some silly pictures with your phones while getting ready then cool, but to have a professional photographer take your picture while your hair is half done and your face is half made up makes absolutely no sense to me.

• Maggie0829, I totally agree! And I've noticed that those photos are always totally staged and look cheesy OR the bride is having mascara or something put on her where she needs to make a really stupid face with her mouth hanging open and all the other girls are standing around in their pajamas or whatever. Wow, so glad that special moment was captured on film! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards