Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Including OUR kids in ceremony

My fiance and I each raised our daughters as single parents until we met, so this was a huge bonding experience for us, (meeting someone else who has been through similar things). SO, with that being said I feel that it is important to involve our girls in the ceremony. At the time of the wedding (next September) one will be 5 and the other will be 10 and we will be having our wedding ceremony and reception at a vineyard. Does anyone have any creative ideas or input on this?? Any suggestions would be welcome!

Re: Including OUR kids in ceremony

• Yours could be your bridesmaid and his could be his best woman.
    laux1lk said:
    My fiance and I each raised our daughters as single parents until we met, so this was a huge bonding experience for us, (meeting someone else who has been through similar things). SO, with that being said I feel that it is important to involve our girls in the ceremony. At the time of the wedding (next September) one will be 5 and the other will be 10 and we will be having our wedding ceremony and reception at a vineyard. Does anyone have any creative ideas or input on this?? Any suggestions would be welcome!

• The 10 year old could be a bridesmaid or a groomsmaid (depending on which of you is her biological parent) and the 5 year old could be a flower girl.
  • That was pretty much what we were thinking, always good to have some outside views and validation, thanks :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards