Getting in Shape
Options

September 2015 brides...weightloss buddy?

Hey ladies!

I am getting married in Mexico on September 4th of next year! The time is fast approaching and I would like to lose 35 lbs. I realize I have 12 months but I would like to lose the majority before I start trying on dresses as I dont want to have a million alterations. I also think it will be more enjoyable to dress shop at a weight I am more comfortable with.

Anyone want to buddy up and share exercise tips, healthy recipes etc? I think I need someone to hold me accountable and motivate me! Any other fall brides want to buddy up with me? :)

Re: September 2015 brides...weightloss buddy?

• Options

Ha! Good for you, 5 am?? I can barely drag my old ass out of bed by 7 for work. I just figured someone to track goals with and keep me positive but I guess unless someone chains the fridge shut thats kind of hard! :)

If you're getting married in 2016 you have plenty of time! Good luck! Let me know how Zumba goes? I need to find a gym that isnt crazy expensive but that has good classes like that. What gym do you belong to?

• Options
    Hi ladies, 

I'm sept 2015 as well and I'm looking to lose some weight, maybe 10-15 but mostly just tone some trouble areas. What do you have in mind for a buddy? I have myfitnesspal but I don't use it often as I find it a bit of a pain to have to look everything up. I started at the gym a month ago and that's been going well but I haven't lost anything. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi All! I'm also September 2015! I'm trying to lose about 50 lbs. I'm tall so it's really only two dress sizes for me.
    I'm been tracking my calories with myfitnesspal and exercising 5/6 days a week. Cardio, hand weights, zumba, and spin class!
  • Options
    I'm also a September 2015 bride, travelling from the England to marry in Las Vegas. Am hoping to lose around 7 to 10lbs but mainly to tone up a lot. I have ordered my dress so don't want the alterations to be huge when it comes in ( around April 2015).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking maybe we can share tips that have worked for us or share any healthy but yummy recipes we have made. We eat a lot of baked/grilled chicken and fish in my house with veggies for dinner. That gets old quick!

Always looking for good exercise tips too bc I just do a lot of cardio but I know I need to do strength training as well and could use some routines if any of you ladies have any or a good work out DVD you use?
  • Options
    I don't have much for recipes, I'm looking for some as well. 

I have been taking classes at my gym (The Athletic Club - I think it's only Canadian?) My favourites for a good workout are kickboxing and something they call 20-20-20. It's 20 mins of step, 20 mins of upper body with free weights and 20 mins of abs/ stretching. It's great for a full body workout in an hour. I did P90X for awhile but I had trouble staying motivated and keeping it up. I like the gym because I make plans to go with friends and end up following through because I don't want to be that person who bails. 
    I am looking for gym workouts so I don't have to plan around classes. I'm looking primarily to tone my back and arms and get rid of my love handles. Any great workout routines out there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also September 2015. I would like to lose close to 70 lbs by my wedding day. I would love to be at 35lbs down by the 6 month mark. I am looking into signing up for a weekly Zumba or Jazzercise class, power walking 2 times per week, and strength training 3 times per week (maybe using the 30 day shred program on an extended basis). I have already started adjusting my diet. We will see how it goes!
  • Options
    I'm October of 2015! I would like to lose around 50-60 pounds, but I would like a good chunk of it to be gone before I start trying on dresses. Clothes shopping is a hellish experience for me now, and I want to remember shopping for my wedding dress as a happy experience. I've just started running 4x a week, an hour and a half of Irish dance on Tuesdays, and then 30 minutes of walking and strength training on other days.

For me, I'm mostly worried about food. I can hear those mashed potatoes calling my name...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can't say enough about the Nutribullet...I've been replacing breakfast with a veggie shake (and sometimes dinner too) for a week now and my stomach is already flattening out.  Should be quite the difference by Sept 2015!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I dont eat breakfast now, probably one of my problems. Thats a good idea! Dont know if I could do that for dinner though @DaniBites lol
  • Options
    We're likely doing September 2015 wedding, so I'm up for motivation :) I'm on MyFitnessPal - acurls8 is my user name!

- AC
  • Options
    I'm September 2015 too! There's a few of us! Maybe we should start a Sept '15 thread for us to keep checking in?
  • Options
    I'm september 2015, too!  35 pounds by next year is more than doable!! Last spring, from April-August, I lost 25 pounds by using weight watchers.  I still ate pizza and drank beer, but in more appropriate portions. I still want to lost another 10 pounds by next september so I would love to keep checking in with all you ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards