Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear NEY,

I miss you guys so hard. I feel like I'm so out of the loop, but I lurk every day so if you talk shit about me, I'll know.

Love,

Buddysmom

---------------------------
Dear Work,

I'm so done. So, so, so done. 

--------------------------

Dear FI,

Thanks for being so supportive lately, I know it's not easy putting up with me, but I'm glad you haven't given up yet.

------------------------

I miss you guys so much. My life is not as fun when you guys are not around.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: OLW

• Dear traffic,

Please don't be absolutely horrendous this evening when H and I try to make our way down to ATL. That would be great! Thanks!

Dear HS friends,

I haven't seen most of y'all since my wedding so I hope we can pick back up from where we left off! I missed you and I can't wait to see y'all tonight!

Dear Maddux,

You were crazy pants yesterday! I hope you sleep all day today! And thank you for letting mommy put medicine in your ear, it looks much better.

Dear Football,

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
  • Dear work/life,

If you can make it so I can survive to see next week, I will be forever grateful! In the spirit of High School Musical..."We're all in this togetherrrr."

Stressed to the MAX
    ----------------------------------------

Dear Crazy Aunt,

Cut the shit. If the thing was really broken you would have told me that day.. not two weeks later. AND if you needed a replacement for a party this weekend... you should have told me then.. not another two weeks later, thus being a month later. It's YOUR fault it might not be delivered by the party, not mine and I would appreciate it if you would BACK OFF about it because I'm done with this whole thing by now!

Black-sheep-step-niece of the family
    ------------------------------------

Dear Vacation,

Why you 5 weeks away? I need you now!

Dear NEY,

I most likely won't be around much the next few days to get all my work done. Try not to miss me too much!

Why so much work to be done?!?

Dear Cheer Team,

I am such a proud coach! Now I need to get my shit together so we can get moving on our routine for the season. I am looking forward to big things from you guys and I know you will deliver. Can't wait to see this season play out! 

Coach Casey
    friends tv show funy
  • Dear FI,

I'm annoyed at you. I'm jealous that you got a random day off and are going to the beach without me. I haven't been to the beach ONCE this summer. I totally could have taken a sick day and gone with you, but I didn't feel like you really wanted me to, because your friend probably wouldn't have liked it. If I was planning to take a day off and go to the beach, my first thought would have been "I wonder if FI can come too?" 

So yeah, you kinda suck today.

-Your too-pale FI

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Body,

I'm also annoyed at you. You weigh more today than you have in three months, and it makes me want to cry. I went to the gym yesterday and I'll go again today, but I just wish it was easier to either lose weight or to love you the way you look right now.

-Girl who needs to stop eating all the things

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dad,

I wish I wanted to talk to you, and to be there for you, but I don't. It's too hard to pretend like we have a normal relationship, and you're a normal dad, after all these years. Please just leave me alone. I don't want money for the wedding. I honestly don't even want you there. I'm sorry, I love you, but I just can't handle all this right now.

-your daughter

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Dear FI,

I'm annoyed at you. I'm jealous that you got a random day off and are going to the beach without me. I haven't been to the beach ONCE this summer. I totally could have taken a sick day and gone with you, but I didn't feel like you really wanted me to, because your friend probably wouldn't have liked it. If I was planning to take a day off and go to the beach, my first thought would have been "I wonder if FI can come too?" 

So yeah, you kinda suck today.

-Your too-pale FI

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Body,

I'm also annoyed at you. You weigh more today than you have in three months, and it makes me want to cry. I went to the gym yesterday and I'll go again today, but I just wish it was easier to either lose weight or to love you the way you look right now.

-Girl who needs to stop eating all the things

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dad,

I wish I wanted to talk to you, and to be there for you, but I don't. It's too hard to pretend like we have a normal relationship, and you're a normal dad, after all these years. Please just leave me alone. I don't want money for the wedding. I honestly don't even want you there. I'm sorry, I love you, but I just can't handle all this right now.

-your daughter

Big hugs <3

• Dear FSIL,

OH MY GOD YOU'RE ENGAGED ASDFJKLDKJAKDLJ SO WOW EXCITED MUCH AWESOME!!!

Love,
    FSIL who is incoherent in happiness for you
    ---
    Dear new job,

So I'm still not totally sure what my job duties are, but I can work on some boilerplate material I guess ... I really hope we settle out what you're looking for over the next year on Friday!

Love,
    Excited about this new opportunity and looking forward to shaping it
    ---
    Dear BFF,

Um, you wanted to play fantasy football this season. I told you when draft was and got the commish to agree to expand the league to 12 teams. Now you have a bbq over draft? Girl, this is the one day a season that you have to be available. I did ask the commish if we could move the time of draft, not the day, but ... think about this. I want you to play, but one time you need to make yourself available.

Love,
    BFF who really really does want to play fantasy with you
    ---
    Dear mom,

You want to pretend last week's fight never happened? Fine. Don't think I forgot. I'm still working out alternate holiday plans.

Love,
    Daughter who can't believe you would be that hurtful and not apologize for your part
    ---
    Dear FI,

Tonight let's actually work on the house. It's getting to me again.

Love,
    FI who can't handle clutter
  • Dear co-workers,
    I'm sorry that you're all uncomfortable with me responding "Terrible" everytime you say "HEY! How are you?" I know that the normal answer is 'fine' or 'great', but I'm neither. I understand if you don't want to ask anymore. It actually might be better for both of us if you don't.

Dear meeting with division chief:
    Please go well. Please be compassionate. Please don't turn it around on me. Also, I asked for a private and confidential meeting. I'm concerned that the department head admin is listed as a 'required attendee' on the outlook invite you sent. I think that if I get there, and she is there, I will decline the meeting. I don't know. I'm very confused right now.

Dear NEY:
    Thank you for the love, support, and compassion. You have no idea what it means. Please tell me if I become too much of a debbie downer. I don't want to bring the mood down for the rest of the page. Reading the posts is a great distraction and outlet.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 - I think you should send an email and ask again for a private and confidential meeting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 I'm sorry.

Dear body,

I don't know what is going on but stop it.  I promise I'm working out more and eating better.  I just want to feel comfortable and happy.

Love,

Me

Dear kitchen renovations,

I can't wait until you are all over and no more messing with my cooking schedule.

Love,

Girl who is excited for her new kitchen

Dear H,

I love you so much.  I hope your knee is getting better.  I'd also love some help with the paint tonight too.  Thank you for being so loving and patient with my babies talk. :-)

Love,

wife

Anniversary

• Dear Life,

Calm the f down. You are a bit too crazy for me lately. 

Sincerely,
    Trying To Keep My Head Up

-----------------------------------------
    Dear SO,

I know I will see you in a few weeks when I visit, but I already miss you so much. This is our last full year of being in different towns and colleges. We are pros at this long distance shit. *HIGH FIVE* Let's do this. 

Love 
    Your Long Distance Lady 
    ---------------------------------------------
    Dear Hot Tea,

You are my only source of joy this morning. Keep doing what you are doing. My sore throat thanks you.

• Dear work,

I'm sick and don't feel like being here today. The only reason I did come in is because I have two important meetings and a lunch interview...so you better be thankful you get me at all!

Sincerely,

Your hard working employee

Dear H,

I can't wait until we jet off to Mexico. Only 3 more days till we're on our way! We've had a rough year and i'm so excited to have you to myself for an entire week!

xoxo,

me

Dear uterus,

Please let me know as soon as you can if you're preggers or not. I really want to have endless pina coladas next week...but obviously I just need this one tiny answer first. (it's not nice having to be sober 2-3 weeks out of the month!) Hmmmm...pina coladas or baby - guess I can't lose either way!

Cheers!

me

Dear Mom,

I can hardly wait to see you out here next month! It's been too long and I need some time with you STAT! Also can't wait to see The Unsinkable Molly Brown with you - you're the best for getting me and my closest girlfriends tickets while you're in town!

hugs!

your loving daughter who desperately wants you to move here

• Dear @hummingbird125
    Giant hugs

Love,
    Tiger

=====

Behbehsssssssss - update us immediately if not sooner.

Love,
    Future NEY-Aunt Tiger

======

Dear going-on-fourth-day headache,
    GTFOH.

No love,
    Tiger

======

Your post today made me tear up. I don't know what I would do here (IRL here) without you. Soon we will be in single digits!

Love,
    Tiger

======

Dear work team,
    Thank you so much for the note and flowers. They meant SO MUCH to me. After last year's birthday being completely ignored, it really felt good that you took the time to do that (even if it was only one of you that did it for the team). 

Love,
    birthday girl

======

Dear DH,
    I cannot say it enough. I <3 you.

Love,
    wifey
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Dear Q,

I'm SO happy about your meeting yesterday and I can't wait to see what they offer you!

Love,
    Ollie

-------------------------------

Dear Work,

If you could just do yourself, that would be great.

No love,
    The Girl with NO Motivation

Dear @Swazzle,

Please to get better soon? 

Love,
    Ollie

Dear September 13,

Can you hurry up and be here?!

No Love,
    Impatiently waiting to marry my best friend!

• Dear NEY,

I've been MIA for a long time (Like since Jaunary, maybe longer). I was new so I don't know if you guys remember me but I've missed hanging around here and now that I've gotten through some big things, I'll hopefully have more time to chat. (Plus it's just a little over 9 months until my wedding so I need to get my butt in gear and I'll probably be needing advice!)

:)

--Riss

----------------------

Dear Work,

I'm so so so so tired of you and I hope that one of the other positions I've applied/interviewed for pans out because I don't want to do this anymore.

No Love,

Me

--------------------

Dear FI,

I hope you have good luck (and soon) with the new potential jobs on the horizon too. I know we could both use the changes.

Love you,

Me

• @allusive007 Hope you feel better, and hopefully babies real soon!

Anniversary

• Dear Sinus Infection,
    WTF, man. You were annoying but manageable before Mexico, but now you're suddenly unbearable. You couldn't chill for a few more days so I could make it to the ENT? Argh. I guess I should be happy that you're no longer stuck in my throat, but you've instead decided to wreak havoc in my head, so I mean... ugh. 
    You suck you suck you suck!
    Sneezy

Dear Work,
    Whoa, slow down there. We really hit the ground running today. Let's not forget we're still having email issues and the new CRM is a bit glitchy. But hey, feels good to be busy again.
    Trying to keep up,
    Sickly Employee

Dear Mom,
    I'm so excited for our mother-daughter date on Friday! Dinner and Phantom of the Opera will be awesome. However, I sometimes question the advice you give me. For example, telling me to take THREE Benadryl for my sinus infection? Um, yeah, that would probably knock me out for 24 hours. Eesh.
    Love,
    Your Favorite Daughter

Dear FI,
    Why are you so insecure about how you look? And also about your competence at work? Don't you know that you are the best goober there ever was? 
    So much love,
    FI

• Dear @beanbot2002,

I don't think you're a Debbie Downer, and I love seeing you around these parts. I also agree with @Hummingbird125 that maybe you should either request or confirm that your meeting is private and confidential. And seriously, why can't we live closer together?! 

Love you lots,
    Ollie

----------------------------------

HAPPY FREAKIN BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

• @cu97tiger Happy birthday!!!!

@hummingbird125 I'm sorry about your dad. You've definitely got my support!

Dear body (this seems to be a trend today!),

I know you're super hangry but you've done nothing but gain weight since I bought that gorgeous, $700, non-refundable wedding gown, and you're going to have to fit into it. I'm actually eating healthy--you just feel super hungry because I'm eating normal amounts of food and not snacking, as opposed to EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

----------

Dear childhood things,

I'm absolutely floored by the amount of stuff my mom saved for me. Old homework assignments (from childhood through college), tons of artwork, all my photos, my glass animal collection, camp T-shirts, etc etc etc. But ... I have to consolidate everything into one trunk. How do I throw this stuff away?

----------

Dear paternal grandparents,

Thank you for storing my things for all these years, and helping me pick everything up last night. I know that things are tough because you know that your sons and grandchildren, minus my siblings, aren't invited to the wedding. But you were still loving and kind and gracious, and interested in hearing about me and J and how things are going, and I really appreciated it. I know you're sad, and I wish things could be different.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Dear @cu97tiger

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Love, LaHo

~~~

Dear Salon,

Plleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee just call me back already about my extensions. Also, my new stylist better be the best wedding updo stylist ever...because I'm not very happy with you right now.

No love, bride who is about to get annoying

~~~

Dear WR stuff,

I'm done with you. Can someone else please find me a first dance song that I love? And a father/daughter dance? No country music...daddy's baby girl stuff though. That's not us. Oh, and if you could also handle the myriad other little things that keep popping up that'd be great.

Love,  the bride

~~~

Dear FI,

Holy crap...less than two months. Where did all the time go???? Weren't we just at 100 days and now we're at less than 60!

I love you!!!

~~~

Dear self,

Stop eating all the things. Work out more. Go! Go! Go!

Love, your inner drill sergeant

• @cu97tiger - My future kid(s) would be so lucky to have you as an awesome NEY aunt! I will update as soon as I have an update (which may be after I get back from Mexico, because H and I have a no cell phone vacation policy!) And plus also - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! @hummingbird125 - BIG hugs! I completely sympathize with the dad stuff. Also understand being jealous of your H's day off - I always HATE going in to work all day when H gets a random day off like that!
  • Dear H's Potential New Employer,

Please get your shit together and come up with an actual offer letter.  If, as you say, "it's a matter of WHEN and not IF, then you should be able to get an offer letter together.  I do not think it's reasonable to expect someone who YOU solicited for this job to say, "Oh, I might be moving half way across the country in the next few months, but I have no details on anything.  That's ok."

Completely frustrated,
    Potential new employee's wife
    ---

Dear Depression,

Go away. 

Please?
    Me.
    ---

Dear Work,

I'm overwhelmed by how much shit needs to get done in the next few weeks.  And since I'm already overwhelmed, it makes it even harder to focus.

Love,
    Stressed out employee
    ---

Dear Self,

It'll be ok.  You've gotta get through this.

Self.
    ---

Dear Family,

Thanks for making my life even more stressful, sad, and lonely.

You're truly the best.  I'm SO lucky.

Shoes.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @LaPeanut - Whooo hooo, less than two months! @Swazzle @allusive007 and @eili1228 - Feel better soon, gals. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. @cu97tiger - Happy birthday lady! -------------------------------- Dear H, I love you. I can't believe how patient you are. Any other man would have torn his hair out living with his MIL by now. -W who is very lucky ----------------------------------- Dear Body, You have the day off today because of social events but tomorrow will be pay back. -Needs to get in a swimsuit in 3 months ------------------------------------ Dear Home, Please cooperate and don't create any suprises when we start taking down walls. You already need a boatload of cash. -Patient home-owner ------------------------------------- ETA: Dear Knot - Where are my paragraphs?
  • dear Bella,

I'm sorry you had to go to the vet this morning and that you're wearing a cone of shame.  please stay out of the the ant hills or whatever it was that bit you up all over. 

love,
    your mom!

dear current job,

this is it!  I don't think I'll miss you very much.

seeya,
    Coco

dear @cu97tiger,

happy birthday!!!!

love,
    Coco

dear @beanbot2002,

sending you lots of love!  I hope your meeting goes well today, please update us?

love,
    Coco
  • Dear potential employers,

I really need a new job.  Please give me a shot.

-Getting desperate

Dear H,

I'm sorry I've been such a jerk lately.  I put so much riding on my job and feel like such a failure to have a MS degree and be working retail.

-In a funk

Dear pork that went bad in the fridge,

You smell like shit.  I hate you.

-I was just trying to cook a yummy dinner
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards