Wedding Etiquette Forum

Vendor Communication (or lack thereof)

When I first hired our florist, we had fabulous communication. She was easy to get ahold of, responded quickly and appropriately, etc. We haven't had a tremendous need for communication over the past few months, but we did agree early on that we wanted to meet in late summer one last time to finalize wedding details. I've tried emailing her twice over the last few weeks with 0 response. I checked to make sure her email has not changed and it hasn't. I called, but have not heard back yet either. I know she is at least still alive because someone is quite active on her fb page posting pictures of recent weddings she has done. Do you ladies have any suggestions for a polite but clear ways to let her know that I am annoyed and expect better (even ANY response at this point would be nice)? I acknowledge that I am not her only client, but I have been trying to get ahold of her for quite some time (3 weeks).

Re: Vendor Communication (or lack thereof)

• acaton5 said:
    When I first hired our florist, we had fabulous communication. She was easy to get ahold of, responded quickly and appropriately, etc. We haven't had a tremendous need for communication over the past few months, but we did agree early on that we wanted to meet in late summer one last time to finalize wedding details. I've tried emailing her twice over the last few weeks with 0 response. I checked to make sure her email has not changed and it hasn't. I called, but have not heard back yet either. I know she is at least still alive because someone is quite active on her fb page posting pictures of recent weddings she has done. Do you ladies have any suggestions for a polite but clear ways to let her know that I am annoyed and expect better (even ANY response at this point would be nice)? I acknowledge that I am not her only client, but I have been trying to get ahold of her for quite some time (3 weeks).
    Can you stop into her shop?
  • Does she have a storefront? Can you just drop by?
  • unfortunately, no storefront. is communication via facebook considered permissible in this case?
  • I would contact her via facebook this weekend. Do you have a contract? When is your wedding? I would say that I you're she's probably very busy, but the lack of communication is making you nervous. 
  • Thank you! We do have a contract. Our wedding is October 11th, but we agreed that we would meet again late summer. My schedule is very hectic due to work (I'm an ICU nurse) and I'd like to nail this down sooner rather than later bc of that.
  • I had a hard time reaching my florist by email (maybe it's a florist thing?) but when I called her, she called back right away.  I'd suggest picking up the phone.  Some people just don't do email.
  • melbenso said:

I had a hard time reaching my florist by email (maybe it's a florist thing?) but when I called her, she called back right away.  I'd suggest picking up the phone.  Some people just don't do email.

She said she did call

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should post something directly on her page. When my bf has to get in contact w a company who blow him off, he posts on their page. They contact him back RIGHT AWAY out of fear he'll post again but make it negative. Public image is everything.
  • I will do my best to be patient and wait a few more days before I contact her again. It's just frustrating. To be honest, vendor communication has been the most trying thing about wedding planning. They're great communicators until they have a contract in hand, in my general experience.
  • I wouldn't wait, unless you want to wait until Sunday. Friday and Saturday she's going to be busy. I'd post today or wait til Sunday or Monday. GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I would go to FB. Nothing nasty, maybe just "Hey, (florist)- I love your work! I am excited about scheduling something with you this summer"
  • In her defense she's probably extremely, extremely busy putting stuff together for weddings right now, which is probably top priority cuz it's show time for them. A meeting with a client who's wedding isn't till October can't take priority over all of that. That isn't an excuse for her to never get back to you, though. That's totally frustrating. I would wait till Monday and then go to her Facebook page.
  • I'm having similar issues with our caterer and my mom keeps reminding me "he has a restaurant, a catering service, and a farm. Chill out." But he hasn't gotten back to me at ALL which is beyond frustrating. She suggested that I email him with exactly what I wanted (in other words, just email him the specific questions I was trying to get him on the phone to ask). Instead of trying to "set up a meeting," which is vague (you know, what's the meeting to go over?), maybe try emailing her "hey I know you are super busy, I know we discussed having a meeting this time of year, etc." And then list the things you want to pin down/follow up with and make sure are done. Maybe you can avoid the meeting at all which would probably be great for both parties (you being a nurse)! Give that a week, then try the fb thing. Maybe private message and escalate in a few days to a wall post that's nice, like the one phrased above.
  • Shit, I wish I had come across your post before posting my own question in "Flowers" (which is nearly identical)!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • It is super irritating and, truth be told, I just don't have any tolerance for it. It's kind of my number 1 pet peeve. We are all busy and I guess I just kind of think that's a superlame excuse.
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Lame. I agree. I would send her a kind message that states you are "concerned" about not being able to get a hold of her and would like to schedule an appointment and to please get back to you as soon as possible.
  • Hey just as a follow up: when I sent my vendor that recommended email (with specific questions) he got back tome within 12 hours!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards