Not Engaged Yet
Options

I am bored- a little poll to pass the time?

I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Work is super slow for me and I am still new around NEY: does anyone care to endulge in a little poll to help me get to know everyone a little better?

1. What is your dream job?

2. Do you prefer to cook, bake, or eat?

3. What is your favorite website?

4. Where will your next vacation be?

5. Do you have an irrational fear?

Re: I am bored- a little poll to pass the time?

• Options
    1. College professor
    2. Eeeeeeat, with baking as a distant second
    3. Twitter
    4. Chicago!
    5. I don't think so. There are things that bother me a lot, and there are things I'm afraid of, but I don't have any phobias.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

I'd own a bakery/cafe

Baking and eating are tied - with cooking a close 2nd

theknot.com because it gave me FRIENDZ

Trying to plan a weekend mini-trip someplace in the Northeast for October

I have LOTS of irrational fears, but I'll share one: I worry that if I leave my laptop on the couch when I go out it will overheat and somehow start a fire, burning down the whole apartment.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

1. What is your dream job? I would love to eventually own my own interior deisgn business (Basically I want to be a nicer Jeff Lewis)

2. Do you prefer to cook, bake, or eat? Bake! But eating is always.

3. What is your favorite website? Pinterest, but I also spend a lot of time on Tumblr.

4. Where will your next vacation be? Either Disney World for the Food & Wine Festival or Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights.

5. Do you have an irrational fear? I am always worried I'm going to fall in the oven when I have to put something in it or take something out of it. It really sucks because I love to bake and I always give myself a mini panic attack.

• Options

@phira I am so jealous- I have always wanted to go to Chicago! I hope you have a blast!

@Hummingbird125 that sounds like something I would be scared of too, lol!

• Options

PR manager for the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, or Boston Red Sox. In that order.

Eat. Always eat.

I guess Facebook.

It will probably be our honeymoon next year. I'd like to go to Aruba, or an adults-only all-inclusive.

Clowns. I am absolutely TERRIFIED of clowns. And it's not funny.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

Being paid to travel the world and eat all the things.

I'm a champion eater!

I probably visit TK 1000x more than any other site. 

NOLA in 37 days! 

I'm afraid of bugs and heights but I think they're both perfectly rational, TYVM. 

• Options

I'd own a bakery/cafe

I have LOTS of irrational fears, but I'll share one: I worry that if I leave my laptop on the couch when I go out it will overheat and somehow start a fire, burning down the whole apartment.

Ummm...

• Options
    Color analyst on NFL or MLS broadcasts

Eat

I cycle through People.com, nbcnews.com and facebook.com pretty regularly. I don't LOVE any of them, it's just what I use the most.

Outer Banks w/ @tuarceatha in 9 days!!

Hitting my head on something and dying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Swazzle said:

I'd own a bakery/cafe

Ummm...

Shit. REVISE.

NOLA, in 37 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

something that involves being RICH

EAT

I guess Facebook..I probably frequent FB and Pinterest the most right now besides TK

possibly a weekend away in the winter, we do a "ski" weekend in NH every year, or our honeymoon, but I don't know when or where that will be yet

I'm terrified of large spiders and bugs but I think it is rational - they're scary looking and lurking everywhere!

I also have this weird thing that I have to pick things up of the floor- like clothes or shoes or something- because in my mind someone is going to trip and DIE. yeah, die from tripping over a shoe

• Options

If I could have my dream job it would be to coach cheerleading, a professional decorator and a mommy.

ALL THREE! But most importantly EAT!

TK DUH!!! Just Kidding...I think probably Pinterest, it makes me want to become a professional decorator x infinity

Not too sure

Insects and fish

• Options

A director of a natural history/science museum

Eat! I'm trying to be better at cooking though.

Modcloth for shopping and hellogiggles to pass the time.

I have no idea. My family was thinking of going to Dallas for thanksgiving but not sure if that will happen.

Lions. I know they are important but if they could all die and it not having a negative effect on the environment I would be ok with that.

• Options
    Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014

Probably doing something with Animal Rescue or somehow involved in one of the canine cancer research projects things.

This is a tough one.  I'm trying to eat healthier, so I like to cook so I know how unhealthy my food is.  If I had my own personal health chef - I would say 'eat'.

Google - It helps me find all the things I ever needed to know

Disney World!!!  I'd love to go somewhere else, but my TV dying the other week killed all hopes of that happening.

Spiders and Clowns

Anniversary
  • Options

I love my job very, very much but I would love to travel and food blog full-time!

I will always choose eating first, but cooking comes second. 

I spend most of my time googling stuff sadly! But true favorites go to Pinterest and FB.

We'll go somewhere nearby before this, but guaranteed is our honeymoon in Alaska.

Nothing that I can think of right now! I'm more of an irrational irritation person.

• Options
    @500days - can you sneak me with you on your honeymoon - I won't stay with you guys, I just wanna go to Alaska!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @dignity100- Perfect! You can take my place on the glacier hike ;-) FI wants to do lots of hiking, boating, and active stuff while we are there. I'm hoping to relax in between. This is what FI wants me to do on our honeymoon lol:
  • Options

Personal Shopper 

I prefer to eat. I am getting better at cooking and baking. We had a really crappy oven in my last apartment, so I had a hard time cooking or baking things evenly. Everything turned out horrible. Hopefully, my new apartment's oven will be better. This year will be the true test of my abilities. 

It is a tie between theknot and pinterest. I utilize them to plan for my future endeavors. My pinterest albums are full of future vacations, wedding ideas, home decorating ideas, and career plans. They keep my BSC in check. 

I honestly have no clue. My SO and I have been talking about taking a road trip "down south" after we graduate. I would love to visit Tennessee, Louisiana, and Texas. He hasn't traveled a lot out of state, but I have been blessed with many opportunities to travel throughout the USA and out of the country. We need to ease into traveling together. It's a fine art - traveling with a newbie traveler. 

Yes. I have a ton of irrational fears. Do you guys know that little notch that is at the base of your neck and the top of your chest. It is kind of linear with your collar bone. It's fancy name is "suprasternal notch". Yeah, I hate it. I don't like when a piece of jewelry touches it. I don't like when a collar on a shirt touches it. It makes me feel so claustrophobic when something is around it. I don't know why or how I developed this irrational fear, but it is my big "fear". My SO always threatens to touch it when we are goofing around. 

• Options
    @justbeingme93 When people touch the front of my neck (above that notch), it makes me feel like they're starting to strangle me. Not exactly a fear for me, since it's a physical discomfort that arose from, honestly, absolutely nothing.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @500Days - as long as he doesn't get any crazy ideas about climbing Mt. McKinley. . . I'm sure there will be plenty of time by the fire with hot chocolate (if you have a fireplace and hot chocolate access).

Anniversary
  • Options

Editing and proofreading books at a publishing house. Or being an archival librarian.

Eating and baking are tied, and cooking is third but not too far behind.

Probably Pinterest. i spend far too much time on there. 

I have no idea. BF and I are trying to plan a long weekend away sometime. 

I'm really freaked out by most bugs and I strongly dislike the dark. 

• Options

phira said:
    @justbeingme93 When people touch the front of my neck (above that notch), it makes me feel like they're starting to strangle me. Not exactly a fear for me, since it's a physical discomfort that arose from, honestly, absolutely nothing.
    Yup, that is the feeling I get when something touches that spot. I feel like I am going to be choked. I'm not afraid of it. I just really, really hate when something touches it. I don't remember feeling this way when I was younger, so I have no idea where this "fear" developed. 
  • Options

1. What is your dream job? On my energetic days, I would love to be an FBI special agent. My most-of-the-time dream job is voice acting, I think it would be so fun!

2. Do you prefer to cook, bake, or eat? Gosh, I love all three. Eating has to win, with baking as a close second.

3. What is your favorite website? TK, Pinterest, and allnurses.

4. Where will your next vacation be? It was supposed to be to Maine, but I don't have the $$ right now. :( The family is talking about doing a huge Disney trip together next year, but hopefully I'll get to do something small before then.

5. Do you have an irrational fear? Not really, I think most of my fears are fairly rational.

• Options
    lovemyrunnerlovemyrunner member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    1. What is your dream job? As soon as I finish my MSN, I'm hoping to split my time between teaching nursing and doing some sort of patient education. 2. Do you prefer to cook, bake, or eat? Geez, that's like asking a mother to choose between children. I love them ALL! 3. What is your favorite website? Probably pinterest. All that pinning makes me feel productive without my actually having to do anything. 4. Where will your next vacation be? Just got back from Chicago, and not planning anything else soon. Well, I guess we do have a weekend in Kansas City planned because I got my BF tix to see his Patriots play the Chiefs in September. Because I am an awesome girlfriend and he should just promote me to fiancee already! 5. Do you have an irrational fear? My grandmother and mother were both widowed early, and sometimes I'm afraid that I will be too. ETA: TK ate my paragraphs... Grr!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

1. What is your dream job? Don't have one.

2. Do you prefer to cook, bake, or eat? Eat.

3. What is your favorite website? YouTube

4. Where will your next vacation be? OBX with @cu97tiger!

5. Do you have an irrational fear? Swimming with fish

• Options

a dancer on Broadway or the NYC ballet

Cook with baking a close 2nd, I can only bake when I know I can share and there won't be any leftovers

Right now Pinterest

Something in the fall, we're either thinking Cape May or Boston now.  Sadly air fare to Paris is pretty expensive.

Snakes, spider and tripping and falling flat on my face.

Anniversary

• Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

1. What is your dream job? Don't have one.

2. Do you prefer to cook, bake, or eat? Eat.

3. What is your favorite website? YouTube

4. Where will your next vacation be? OBX with @cu97tiger!

5. Do you have an irrational fear? Swimming with fish

Do you watch any daily vlogs or just random stuff? YouTube daily vlogs are a guilty pleasure of mine. 
  • Options

I wouldn't want to work!  Otherwise, I have the only job I can tolerate - but if I made at least double the money, that would be nice.

Only eat, I can't do either of the others.... although I'm also a picky eater.

I guess FB in general, but lately TK and Weddingbee.  And Wedding Wire when I feel like I should really be planning something.

Not sure, probably my honeymoon if we can afford one... I also just saw a Groupon for the Poconos, which is one place SO mentioned for the honeymoon (although personally I don't want to waste the time and money there), which I was thinking of getting for his January bday.   Not sure about going in the dead of winter - - but I really want to see this champagne glass hot tub! 

I don't trust large structures, like water towers and cell towers.... which I work around all the time.  Also planes and ships.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I have a couple of "dream jobs."  My current job is pretty awesome.  I do marketing for a travel company and get to travel frequently...on the company dime. 

I'd also love to work as an Analyst for the CIA.

I'd also love to run a non-profit which helped adolescents coming from troubled families learn confidence.

Eat.  Always eat.

I spend the most time on The Knot, Facebook, and The Bump.

DH and I will be going to several islands in Tahiti in mid-October.  We're working on the itinerary right now, but I know for sure we'll see Moorea, Bora Bora, Rangiroa, Huahine, and Tetiaroa.

The sound of ice cracking really, really bothers me.  I'm also irrationally worried that my H will die on any given day.

• Options
    phira said:
    1. College professor
    2. Eeeeeeat, with baking as a distant second
    3. Twitter
    4. Chicago!
    5. I don't think so. There are things that bother me a lot, and there are things I'm afraid of, but I don't have any phobias.
    When?  Come visit me!
  • Options
    @loves2shop4shoes End of December through the beginning of January, for a week. When we get closer, you should let me know when you're free! We're keeping our schedule pretty open and mostly plan to do one museum and one restaurant a day and play everything else by ear.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards