Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Even wedding planners think your ideas are rude/tacky

Planning for tiered hospitality? Cash registries? Your planner may not say it to your face, but there are those out there who think you're totally rude and tacky.

~*~*~*~*~

Re: Even wedding planners think your ideas are rude/tacky

• Options
    Sorry I had to get through all the britishisms. This is a fabulous article but I disagree with the "being a cheapskate" bit and the "making a company" bit. Sorry but if I can't afford a full fancy cake, it's going to be fake, you'll get sheet cake, and you won't know the difference (other than thinking man this tastes better than I thought it would given all the fondant). Also not sure what the problem is with renting out your wedding crap post wedding? I actually have a friend that is having her wedding in a converted barn- all of the decor etc is from the daughters wedding a few years ago, and they just basically made "rent the space and have my daughters wedding" a business. That's a smart cookie but I don't think it's tacky.
  • Options
    I don't necessarily agree with all of the things in the article, but it's the hosting stuff that I agree with. Tiered hospitality, cash/pay bar, uninvitations, blatant money-grabs? Totally tacky and rude, no matter what snowflakes and the wedding industrial complex try to tell us.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    This article touches every single ettiquette fail there is. This should be a sticky or something.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    "Non-invitations", contrary to what the article says, are not an "American thing." It's as rude in the United States to let people know who haven't asked that they aren't invited as it is everywhere else. All the rest of the things in the article are intensely rude.
  • Options
    Did you watch the video at the bottom?????

You guys it's a "professional bridesmaid!!!""" =-O
    As in she gets paid to be a bridesmaid. We need her number when a SS wants a bride-slave, this girl is for hire!!! She'll even hold your dress up while you pee!! Now that more than a BFF right there!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Jen4948: 
    "Non-invitations", contrary to what the article says, are not an "American thing." It's as rude in the United States to let people know who haven't asked that they aren't invited as it is everywhere else. All the rest of the things in the article are intensely rude.
    -----
    Quote box not working...
    What does this even look like? Is it an email or a mailed letter? Appalling. 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    Jen4948: 
    -----
    Quote box not working...
    What does this even look like? Is it an email or a mailed letter? Appalling. 
    Ok, well, I wanted this to be a surprise, but since everyone snarked on my invites on this thread, I guess I will go ahead and tell you my plans for my nonvitations. 

So, since we totes couldn't invite everyone to our wedding, when our limo-driver finishes releasing the butterfly-box-invites to our invited guests, he is going to spend the rest of the week (and maybe next week, depending on how long it takes to get through the list) going to the house of each person who didn't receive an invite.  There will be a grief-counselor with him, and they'll have some soothing music to play to them as they gently break the news to each person that they didn't make the cut.  They'll have a box to collect cards and gifts, tho, and they'll receive a small favor-bag with links to our registries and such.  That will give them a chance to share in our special day, even if they can't be there in person.  If you think about it, the nonvitation is really a way to be courteous and loving. 

SIB

GURL STOP.  I can't stop giggling.

Anniversary

• Options
    @slothiegal  but, but.... soothing noises.... like @ohannabelle's soothing mom noises :)

• Options

I did get a good laugh about this:"We had a request only the other day asking for goody bags, simply saying: "I love your products and so does my husband-to-be. We will only have 25 ladies guests (sic) and 25 male guests." We were not forthcoming, although we did contemplate sending them 50 athlete's foot products, which we also sell."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards