Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Not Really Dress Regret...

...but I kept looking after I already bought a dress.  But it's totally worth it.  I found this one on preownedweddingdresses and fell in love with it and took the chance and ordered it.  It's a Sottero and Midgley Rebecca style.  A bride ordered it and decided she didn't want it, so the shop listed it, I offered them $100 less, and they agreed so I got a great deal, and I love it.  I can't wait to actually try it on all laced up!  I also don't know that I want a veil with it to risk covering up the detailing on the back (I don't like birdcage veils, so that's not really an option for me).  

Re: Not Really Dress Regret...

• Options
    Wow!! What a beautiful dress! You can always go with no veil if you don't want to cover the dress at all and get a pretty hairpiece and a fancy updo. Otherwise, get whatever veil you want, wear it for the ceremony and then take it off for the reception.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    You can do a shorter veil, like a fingertip which wouldn't cover the back. A sheer one layer veil will also not cover the detail as it'll be nearly transparent. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Gorgeous!

And I agree that a 1-layer veil will not cover up the detail.

• Options
    Lovely dress!  You're a brave woman.  I can't for the life of me work out how that stays up.  

I agree with PPs.  If you really want a veil consider wearing it only for the ceremony.  Otherwise I single layer or light netting won't interfere with the back too much.  
  • Options
    ^ That sucker will be laced up ultra-tight!  :D It's got boning in it so it's pretty solid.  I know people advise against buying online dresses that you've never tried on before, but I've done that with both of the dresses I considered and both were very flattering!  I just think my original dress wasn't "formal" enough to go with the tux my FI wants to wear.  This one definitely is, and since I'm very curvy, it will be va-va-voom!  :D

• Options
    Maybe you could get a little short veil, kind of what I mean:
    imageimage
    Or a sheer, single tier veil that still shows the dress:
  • Options

These are good suggestions!  Gonna have to start doing some checking around.  I do like veils.  :)

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    I would try on different style veils to be sure.  Most veils, these days, are very minimal, one layer tulle, which don't really cover or hide anything.  You can save a lot of money buying a simple veil on line, but you should try some on with your dress to make a decision.  Daughter bought hers from here: http://www.whitedovebridal.com..   They are in Texas, not China.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards