Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Father/Daughter Dance

My father passed away when I was 16, but I'd still like to have a special dance during that time. I don't want people thinking I'm trying to replace my father, but I'd like to honor some other important people in my life.

Father/Daughter Dance 20 votes

Have a mother/daughter dance instead
75% 15 votes
Dance with my mother's long-term boyfriend, since he has become a father figure
15% 3 votes
Dance with all of the special men in my life (for about 30 seconds each) - brother, uncle, mom's bf, father-in-law, etc.
10% 2 votes

Re: Father/Daughter Dance

• Options
    None of the above.  Skip the father-daughter dance.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Are you close with your mother, or just trying to fill in where that since usually goes? My parents divorced when I was young and I lived with my mom for most of my young life. I still have a relationship with my dad, but my mom and I are super close, so we are doing a mother/daughter dance.
  • Options
    I think that the mother/daughter dance sounds great. I also like the idea of having a special dance with your brother. Whichever you decide will be sweet and sentimental to you, and that's what matters.
  • Options
    It's okay to have dances with everyone you want to honor, but don't do them as spotlight dances where nobody else gets to participate, or you'll annoy your guests by keeping them sitting down and not able to actively participate for too long.

But a mother/daughter dance sounds very nice.

• Options
    I would do a mother/daughter dance. I'm sure the other men in your life would love to dance with your throughout the eveing without it being a spotlight dance.

• Options
    If you're close with your mom, I vote mother/daughter dance.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    We're skipping spotlight dances. FI will just make sure to have a special dance with his mom during the night when her favorite song is playing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards