Indiana-Indianapolis

In Need Of A Photographer.....

Hello Everyone,

My name is Amanda and I'm engaged to a wonderful man. We are in need of a photographer in the Indianapolis area. A good one, but not costly. I know it sounds crazy, but I figured it would be worth a shot. We are on a budget, so any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks,

Amanda

Re: In Need Of A Photographer.....

• Not sure what your budget is, or what you're looking to get out of it (hours, quality, digital/physical prints). TheKnot vendors section for photographers lists the price of the photographer, so that might be a good place to start.

If you are REALLY REALLY on a budget, it might be worth it to look at some of the photography schools in the area (IUPUI, maybe Ivy tech or Kaplan has photography?) and look into hiring an advanced student.

For what it's worth, we did our engagement shoot with Ryan Breeden Photography and really liked how he worked/how our photos turned out. For the wedding, it's all day photos, all the digital copies, and a second shooter for ~2.3K ($300 less for 8hrs instead of all day). Considering the only other photographer we liked was $8K for the same stuff, I'd call that budget.
  • Thank you AlexaF2014
  • I would check out some of the bridal shows around town if there is one before your wedding. (Just do a Google search for Indy bridal shows, I think there are a couple next month.) I went to one (free admission) and there were TONS of photographers there and the prices all ranged from reasonable to outrageous. It's a good way to see samples from all of them and you can take flyers home and compare the prices. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards