Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Honeymoon Jar. Tacky?

I've seen some pictures on pinterest of jugs or jars or boxes on the reception table labeled Honeymoon Fund, for guests to put money into. I think the idea is very cute but I'm worried some people might find it tacky. Thoughts?

Re: Honeymoon Jar. Tacky?

• Options
    I've seen some pictures on pinterest of jugs or jars or boxes on the reception table labeled Honeymoon Fund, for guests to put money into. I think the idea is very cute but I'm worried some people might find it tacky. Thoughts?
    I commented in your post on Etiquette.  If you have the same post on 2 different boards, please say "XP".  And yes, this is tacky.
  • Options
    Put the jar on your kitchen counter. It has no business being anywhere near b your wedding.
  • Options
    You know who else puts out jars for money?  The homeless. 

I'm assuming that since you're hosting a wedding, you aren't homeless.  So please don't beg for money.
    This.

• Options
    Super tacky.

Anniversary
  • Options
    What part of begging your friends and family for money and making them open their wallets at a party you are hosting to thank them is cute?

Don't do it.
  • Options
    I think it's tacky.    Guests should never been seen as an ATM.   Seriously, they are GUESTS not people you directly or indirectly beg for money.

I'm appalled people even consider these types of jars.   It's gross.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Don't. In case you needed another vote.
  • Options
    It's extremely tacky. 
  • Options

Tacky, plus who brings change to a wedding?

• Options
    Obviously the only way to mitigate the tackiness is with a cute poem:

We hope you enjoyed your free meal
    Bet you didn't know this shit's pay for play,
    We lack planning skills, for real,
    Leave a buck, help us vacay!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Let's just create a new forum called "tacky" that way we can discuss honey funds, honeymoon jars, cash bars, throwing your own shower and money dances.
  • Options
    maiorielloam6maiorielloam6 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited September 2014
  • Options

I'm assuming that since you're hosting a wedding, you aren't homeless.  So please don't beg for money.
    Omg I love you...... Yeah, I think the consensus on this idea is no....... But a good alternative is the dollar dance! I went to a wedding where the maid of honor was like a freakin auctioneer. But in a fun and awesome way ... She definitely got people to open up their wallets... The bride and groom made off so well they were able to pay the dj for an extra hour!! So maybe you know someone like that???? I know some people don't even like the dollar dance, but depending on your geographical location, it's a tradition that some people actually look forward to....

This is a joke, right?
  • Options

Omg I love you...... Yeah, I think the consensus on this idea is no....... But a good alternative is the dollar dance! I went to a wedding where the maid of honor was like a freakin auctioneer. But in a fun and awesome way ... She definitely got people to open up their wallets... The bride and groom made off so well they were able to pay the dj for an extra hour!! So maybe you know someone like that???? I know some people don't even like the dollar dance, but depending on your geographical location, it's a tradition that some people actually look forward to....
    This is disgusting. Please tell me this is sarcasm.
  • Options

No. There is no good way to solicit money from your guests. It's like you've missed the entire point of everyone's responses.
  • Options

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

No.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

....and you don't view THAT as begging for money?
    Anniversary

• Options
    Look at these and tell us again it's not tacky.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards