DIY Wedding Forum

Ceremony Programs: Games!

Hi everyone! I need help :( I am a giant DIYer and I cannot figure out how to create a word game and then transfer it to Word so I can use it for the back of our programs. I am completely stumped. Can someone please HELP ME!!!??? Thank you :)

Re: Ceremony Programs: Games!

• Use one of those online word game generators. Take a screenshot and crop it to whatever dimensions you want. Paste the image into Word.
  • Or just save time and don't.  Can't your guests sit quietly or control their children through a ceremony?
  • The game generators were a bit too complex for the activity books I made for the little kids at our wedding. However, it should work well for adults. I can't help but wonder why you need one though.

I just ended up making it in Excel. I thought it was kinda fun!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I used this generator for mine, and plopped it in as a picture. Not with Word though, because it's the devil.

• LFKLFK member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    I just sent you a PM with some information in it, HTH!
  • jenijoykjenijoyk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2014

I made a crossword for a (brunch) wedding (it went with the brunch theme), and used one of the freebee game generators. But I thought it was pretty ugly and I'm a graphics snob so I once I had the layout I rebuilt it in Illustrator. You can buy all the Adobe stuff month to month now on the website. I think it's like $40 for a month's access? I can't remember, this was back in spring. If you're going to be making a ton of stuff for the wedding it might be worth it.

Also, I like the idea of a word game on the program. Why not? It's fun and cute. If people don't want to do it, they don't have to.

• Thank you so much everyone! I must have just overlooked the part on the crossword generator where it tell you how to download the puzzle and the clues. I finally figured it out though. Thank you, again, for all the help. 
    And BTW, I am doing this for the people who come early and will be sitting, waiting for the ceremony to start. I, myself, have ADD and this is one of the things I dread at weddings; sitting and waiting for the ceremony to start. I'd rather people do this than whip out their phones to look on facebook or whatever. This will get people talking and communicating. Kids are not invited to our wedding, so it's not because of that either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards