Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

cute invite for students to attend church postion of wedding

Hi!  I am a speech and language therapist and would like to make up a separate wedding invitation for the church portion to hand out to my students.  Thinking of a school theme or speech and language theme, perhaps on lined 5x7 paper?  Has anyone done this before and would like to share your ideas?  Thanks so much!!

Re: cute invite for students to attend church postion of wedding

• Options

It's actually pretty rude to invite anyone, professional relationship or no, to just the ceremony and then not thank them for coming by hosting them at the reception.

Several people from my church may come to the "church portion" of my wedding without me having invited them, which is absolutely their right to do in the Catholic church. However, they will be coming because they will have seen the public announcement (my church still likes the tradition of publishing the "banns" in its bulletin) and not because I invited them. Once you yourself start inviting people, you need to host them at the reception.
    While I agree with this, the OP hasn't said that she doesn't plan to invite her students to the receptoin, only that she wants to create a separate invitation for the ceremony for her students.

But that said, OP, if you invite anyone at all to your ceremony, whether or not they're your students, you need to invite them to the reception.  Not to do so is very, very rude.

And to be honest with you, I would not invite students to your wedding at all.  Your relationship with them is professional and I think it should stay that way, especially if they are minors.
  • Options
    Just send them your regular invitations. I'm assuming you're inviting them to ceremony AND reception. To do otherwise is bad etiquette. That should make things much easier.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I would not invite students to your wedding. If they're minors, you'll need to invite their parents too. Are you prepared to host them all at your reception? It's rude to invite anyone to the ceremony only.

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    I would not invite students to your wedding. If they're minors, you'll need to invite their parents too. Are you prepared to host them all at your reception? It's rude to invite anyone to the ceremony only.

Not to mention, the SOs of their parents (if the parents aren't married to each other) have to be invited too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards