My DH and I got married a month ago. We received a link to our wedding photos last Friday and realized that our group family formal pics and some pics of the two of us in one location at the venue were missing. So, I responded to her email to tell her that we loved the photos we saw (which we do) but inquired about the missing photos. Yesterday, she emailed me back apologizing, saying that the memory card the photos in question were on somehow got corrupted and that she tried "everything under the sun" to try to recover them and was unsuccessful. She offered us some options by way of credits toward prints or family photo shoots or some cash back. Our package cost $3000 (the top of our budget) for the photographer for 8 hours plus a discount on an album. They day of the wedding, she did a phenomenal job. We did get about 700+ photos and they are great.
We are not sure how to handle this....
1. I feel that this sort of issue warrants notification via phone rather than email (most of our communication was through email throughout the process)
2. These are photos that no one has - people take pics of the ceremony, cake cutting, first dance, reception, etc... but these family formal pics were solely taken by our photographer (it even states that she have the exclusive rights to photograph these types of shots)
3. I'm not sure why she didn't inform us immediately that some photos (I wouldn't expect her to know which exact photos) were lost due to a corrupted memory card rather than "rushing" to get the other photos to us - this is a big issue for my DH and I.
4. Having her do family photo shoots with all of our different families is impossible since they are live all over the east coast.
5. These family photos were some of the most important photos for us because our families are all over the place, it is rare for each family to be in one place. And no one in our family has these photos.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Brides? Photographers?
How did you handle it?
Thank you for your input!