Outdoor Weddings

Wedding Alter Budget & Decorations

We just received a quote back from the florist to decorate the wedding arch with a simple garland of greenery at $8/foot. It's coming in at $240 and giving me a little heartburn. The arch is 7 ft tall, 8 feet across, and about 4 feet back. So, it has some depth and I feel compelled to decorate both the front and back.   I've attached a photo of it (next to my lovely fiance).  What did arch budgets for others come in at? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: Wedding Alter Budget & Decorations

• That's a really cool, custom-looking arch. We just rented a basic white garden arch looking one that was much smaller.

To decorate ours, I went to Michael's and bought whatever was on clearance. Our flowers were super colorful and I wasn't very picky so I had a bit of a luxury with any color/style working well. I think I spent about $6 on 3 6ft garlands. I planned and bought them right around a year before the wedding so Michael's was clearing out seasonal stuff that was perfect for me.

No one will be close enough to notice if you use real flower garlands. Although I generally despise fake flowers, this is one situation where I think you can pull it off. If you want to throw in some real, you could get a couple pedestals and put arrangements on either side of the alter.
    *********************************************************************************

• Have you considered draping it with fabric instead of greenery? You could get it on sale at a craft store and it should be fairly easy to DIY.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards