Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Chat!!!

edited August 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Well, it's almost the weekend, so let's talk about our plans! 

Is it just me, or has this week been dragging? I'm ecstatic for September! First, this three day weekend, then I'm taking off Friday of next week to drive upstate with FI for a wedding in his hometown, so that means I just have a three day workweek next week. THEN two weeks later I have my E-pics, THEN the weekend after that I'm going to NOLA with a bunch of awesome people. Best. Month. Ever.

As far as this weekend goes, tomorrow evening FI, our dog, my friend, and I are driving out to Long Island to spend the night at my mom's house. Then bright and early Saturday morning we'll drive out to the Hamptons to go to the Hampton Classic Horse Show. It's soooooo much fun, and I go almost every year, but this will be my friend's first time. There are hundreds of stunning horses, lots of great food, and shopping in the boutique garden (I swear, they've had a small jet there, and sell timeshares in it....what I would give to be the kind of person that seems reasonable to....) After we drive back towards my mom's, I think we're going to go to the BBQ place that FI and I are planning to use to cater our wedding. Everything we've had there so far has been fantastic, but it doesn't hurt to keep taste-testing delicious BBQ food, right? Then, we'll drive home and drop my friend off in the city on our way.

Nothing planned for the rest of the long weekend, which is exactly how I like it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thursday Chat!!!

• @hummingbird125 That sounds like a fantastic weekend and month of September! 

I'm so excited for September as well! I just want Fall to be everywhere!

Tonight H has curriculum night so I'm going to work from home starting at noon that way I can Maddux running around the rest of the day. I'll go to CrossFit tonight and basically die because of the amount of squats and running I'll be doing. I don't even want to think about it lol. 

Tomorrow I'm working a full day at home and I need to do some bathroom cleaning. Then I'll probably workout again tomorrow morning if my legs aren't too sore. Usually it takes a full day for my legs to really feel it so if I work out in the morning I should feel ok. Saturday morning might be another feeling lol. SHIT.

• @Hummingbird125 - September is going to be a fabulous month for you!!!  can't wait to see your e-pics...  they are going to be adorable.

@southernpeach89 - what WOD is your box doing today??

let's see, today I have another crazy day at work.  hopefully I won't have a panic attack (thanks GYN for taking me off all hormonal BCP at the same time I start a stressful new job!!) and eat all the sugary things I can get my grubby hands on.  I have dinner going in the crockpot and pre-made the brown rice last night, so I can rush home, do my JM Yoga Meltdown, clean up and shove dinner in my mouth and start teaching piano lessons at 5:30.  then after lessons, I'd like to squeeze in a short run (just 2 miles, including warm up and cool down).

tomorrow, I work until 2:30 (so glad I get to keep my schedule!!) and then H and I wanted to go to the food truck festival, but there's an 80% chance of rain so that may not happen.  Saturday, we're getting up to go to the farmer's market for the last time before my PMP class starts, and then brunch at our favorite Guatemalan place.  my PMP class starts a week from Saturday, from 8:30-12:30 in the mornings.  it's only 10 weeks, though.  I can make it!
  • @Hummingbird125 Sounds like a fun September planned. I can't believe it's almost September, where has this year gone? Also, this week has totally been dragging on.

@southernpeach89 Good luck on your Cross Fit. I've looked into that and I think, I'd die, so I'm living vicariously through you.

I'm taking all next week off, so I'm super excited about tomorrow being Friday. I just needed a break from working. I love my job and I have absolutely zero issue with coming to it, but I just need a break. This weekend we are going to have dinner at my SO mom's house with his brothers. I'm going to try to make prime rib. My SO has been bugging me about it for what seems like forever, so I thought this would be a good opportunity. 

Then next week my goals are 1) wash and wax my car and clean the inside (it's not messy just dirty); 2) deep clean my apartment (I've been super lazy and have just been vacuuming); and 3) finish this t-shirt quilt I've been working on for a friend. 

I'm really excited about the quilt because it's the first one that I've done for pay AND also my first t-shirt quilt. I've got the top done, but need to make the quilt sandwich and bind it. Unfortunately, I'm irritated about this because I ordered the fabric for the back and I went to lay it out and was like why is this not fitting. Well...I ordered 2.5 yards (90") and they sent me 80". I need like 82", so it is just barely too short. Now I wait for them to send me the right stuff. GRRR
  • @CocoBellaF -OMG lol do you really want to imagine what this is going to be like lol?

It's a Hero WOD so we are doing this in honor of one of our fallen soldiers.

It's 7 rounds of:

400 meter run

29 Back squats using either 85lbs or 55lbs. I haven't quite decided yet how I would like to die. 55lbs seems like it would be nicer but more of a quick death where as 85 would be a slow death since it would probably take me an hour to complete.
  • Hey Ladies - In full disclosure I did not read everything you wrote.

I feel stressed and like my head is going to explode!!  There's a lot of work stuff going on (just projects and everything feels broken) and then I have lots to do in my home life.  I'm hoping to knock some of it out on my lunch - just errands to run.

Anniversary
  • Today is going okay so far. I was hoping to get to work by 6:30, but I was exhausted, so I came in at 8. It doesn't set me back too far, schedule-wise, so I should be done by about 7, with enough time to go to the gym before I go home and make dinner.

I'm looking forward to the fall, but the start of the semester is always incredibly rough, so I'm not as excited as everyone else seems to be!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @CocoBellaF -OMG lol do you really want to imagine what this is going to be like lol?

It's a Hero WOD so we are doing this in honor of one of our fallen soldiers.

It's 7 rounds of:

400 meter run

29 Back squats using either 85lbs or 55lbs. I haven't quite decided yet how I would like to die. 55lbs seems like it would be nicer but more of a quick death where as 85 would be a slow death since it would probably take me an hour to complete.
    basically, this is CrossFit.  LOL
  • @thetimewillcome - oh geez, you reminded me of all the housework I need to get done this weekend. 
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited August 2014

@southernpeach89 - I am too much of a chicken to try CrossFit. Everything you post about it just reinforces that I will probably never try it!

@CocoBellaF - I need to talk to my boss today to find out if work will pay for my next PMP class. I'm too poor to pay for it myself, but there's been some talk about them trying not to spend extra money this year...even though this education benefit should technically be available. I need to get back into classes and will be pissed if they won't cover it!

Today will be more of me slogging through emails. Luckily I'm a fast typer and a lot of messages can be answered using templates...but it's still sucky to have this much email!

I have nothing planned tonight unless FI wants to go look at more houses. We saw 4 last night, and none of them made us say "Yes, we totally want to live here", so we're still looking. It was sort of entertaining at least. One house (nice, but sort of far and not close to anything) had at least 6 Jesus pictures in the bedroom alone and an entire closet full of paper towels, like floor to ceiling. Another house was clearly built for miniature people; we couldn't have fit even a normal kitchen table ANYWHERE and they had put in a bunch of crazy built-ins in all of the bedrooms so there would only ever be one way to set up the rooms. Totally weird.

Tomorrow I get to leave work at 2:30 (YAY!) and then I think I will treat myself to a mani-pedi. FI and I are going to see Arcade Fire tomorrow night, and then we have a wedding to go to on Saturday. Nothing planned Sunday or Monday, so maybe we'll try to do something with friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 - LOL don't get me wrong, CrossFit is an absolutely amazing workout but it's not that crazy. Everyone modifies to what they know they can do. I've been doing it for a year now so I've improved on my skills but when I first started, what I'm going to do today would be unimaginable then.
  • @lmcooper86 - FYI, I have seen PMI accredited PMP online courses come through Groupon for $99 or close to that, if you'd like to do it but can't afford the real thing.  my new company SHOULD pay for my class, but if not, we've already paid for it out of pocket (it's a reimbursement deal) so it's already money spent to us.  :(

oh, and maybe I'll get a mani/pedi this weekend, too!  that sounds wonderful.

LINK
    LINK
    LINK
  • Today is my Friday yay! After work today I have to run a few errands, do some laundry and some cleaning.  I really don't feel like doing any work here at all today.  I just hope the day goes by fast. 

Tomorrow morning I have to head to ss for my name change with them.  Later on that afternoon we are having my family over for a bbq.  I'm looking forward to having them over and of course not working tomorrow.  Saturday we are heading to IL's down the shore for a family BBQ there to celebrate H's grandma 97th birthday.  So that will be fun.

We have no plans Sunday or Monday, but hopefully we will just have some time to relax, finish some stuff up around the kitchen before we work on the floors.  I also want to do some cooking this weekend, some big pots of soup.  My secret hope is to finalize the layout and design of our closet too. 

Anniversary

• @hummingbird125 - Bring me some BBQ back! 

@southernpeach89 - You are a BEAST! Get it girl!

@CocobellaF - What did you make in the crockpot?

@thetimewillcome - Have an awesome week off!

@Dignity100 - HUGS. I hope things calm down for you soon. 

@phira - I'm not excited for fall at all. Fall means winter is coming. 

@lmcooper86 - I think H and I are going to take a half day next week to meet with our realtor and look at a bunch of houses in one afternoon. We were talking about the house we saw the other night and I'm feeling a lot better about it, although I admitted how scared I am of the whole thing (moving and home-buying). We've lived here for 7 years and I don't handle change well. Moving in general is going to be a huge adjustment for me. Sending vibes your way that you guys find some good ones soon!

@Peaseblossom55 - Yay name change! How are you feeling about your new last name? I was afraid it would take me a long time to get used to it but it wasn't weird/difficult for me at all. My maiden name is almost foreign to me now hahaha

H and I are driving down to my parents late tomorrow night for the weekend. We'll come back late Sunday night to hopefully avoid traffic. They live down the shore which is awesome in theory (free place to stay by the beach!) but the traffic on the Parkway will be a freaking nightmare. I'm excited to lay on the beach all weekend, though! I've only been down there once all summer so it'll be a good time!

Monday I'm doing nothing. 

• @Hummingbird125‌ I wish I had half the plans you do for September! It sounds delightful!

@southernpeach89‌ you actually confirm that I want to do crossfit! There is one right by my house but my Fi works week nights from 4-12 and I have no child care:-/

I have no concrete plans this weekend, which is lame, and today I'm slightly annoyed for WR reasons... I actually can't believe how nutty some people are being about my wedding... I have one friend who's irate because I am choosing not to have bridesmaids, and when she asked what I'm doing for centerpieces I said I may not have them she told me "you might as well get married in a garbage can". Sweet.

Also, since we checked with our VIPS before setting the date and location there were a handful of people who knew the details and put shit on fb so then we decided to send save the dates earlier so people weren't thinking they weren't invited..,,well my save the date is on fb as of this morning. Why would someone feel the need to share a wedding save the date that is not their own?! WHY?!?

Agh.
  • @Swazzle - today is ST Santa Fe Chicken.  we'll be using the crockpot a LOT while I'm in this PMP course...  need some fast/easy dinners so I can get in the 1-2 hours of studying required each evening.  if you have any ideas, send them my way please!!
  • @swazzle I love the new last name, but I'm still getting used to being referred to by it.  I had to leave a voicemail for someone at work the other day I introduced myself with my maiden name and when I said my name at the end of the voicemail I used my new last name. Oy.....

Anniversary

• @Hummingbird125 Your weekend and the next month sound absolutely fantastic! I'm super jealous of the horse show you are going to! It sounds like so much fun!!!

@southernpeach89 Please don't beat me up ever!! I swear I will be nice to you forever! You are so amazingly strong and fit!

Today is Thursday! Woo!! I feel like this week has gone by fast for me because I worked from home Monday and Tuesday and then I get to work from home again tomorrow. I don't have anything really interesting planned today. The King of Pops food truck will be at our office building so I'm definitely going outside for a gourmet popsicle and then my mom and I are going to try to sell @southernpeach89's bridal belt at a bridal consignment shop. We bought it when we got her dress last year because the salon sold us on it, but then had a change of heart the next day and the salon wouldn't let us return it...it was total BS. If we aren't able to get it consigned then then next step is to try the TK Classified's. This evening FI and I are absolutely going to the gym. He wanted to go yesterday but I really wanted to finish my yardwork since yesterday was like 80 degrees and today the high is in the mid 90s.

• @LaPeanut1018 & @southernpeach89 - AW the belt here?  I'd like to see!
  • @BreMR One of my biggest fears was someone posting our invitation on FB or talking about it on FB and surprisingly it hasn't really happened! I think someone posted a photo of our STD at the very beginning, but I think it was my sister and I figured it was no big deal. The STD doesn't really have anything SO identifying on it that people would be able to crash your wedding or get all butthurt over not being invited. Everything will be ok!

• @BreMR One of my biggest fears was someone posting our invitation on FB or talking about it on FB and surprisingly it hasn't really happened! I think someone posted a photo of our STD at the very beginning, but I think it was my sister and I figured it was no big deal. The STD doesn't really have anything SO identifying on it that people would be able to crash your wedding or get all butthurt over not being invited. Everything will be ok!

Thank you!!! That helps. I just feel bad that there are obviously people we didn't invite, but I can't help that. They would figure it out eventually
  • @LaPeanut1018 -I would never beat you up lol. I feel like I had a dream last night where I became physical with someone...I think I punched them or I tried to at least. I don't know haha. I had a really really weird dream last night and it wasn't pleasant. 
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    THIS WEEKEND I AM GOING AWAY TO THE BEACH WITH @CU97TIGER, AND I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED.

GAHHHHHHH. ONE MORE SLEEP @TUARCEATHA. I'm sure the rest of NEY is sick of hearing about our awesome vacation plans... ;)
    Swazzle said:
    @hummingbird125 - Bring me some BBQ back! 

@southernpeach89 - You are a BEAST! Get it girl!

@CocobellaF - What did you make in the crockpot?

@thetimewillcome - Have an awesome week off!

@Dignity100 - HUGS. I hope things calm down for you soon. 

@phira - I'm not excited for fall at all. Fall means winter is coming. 

@lmcooper86 - I think H and I are going to take a half day next week to meet with our realtor and look at a bunch of houses in one afternoon. We were talking about the house we saw the other night and I'm feeling a lot better about it, although I admitted how scared I am of the whole thing (moving and home-buying). We've lived here for 7 years and I don't handle change well. Moving in general is going to be a huge adjustment for me. Sending vibes your way that you guys find some good ones soon!

@Peaseblossom55 - Yay name change! How are you feeling about your new last name? I was afraid it would take me a long time to get used to it but it wasn't weird/difficult for me at all. My maiden name is almost foreign to me now hahaha

H and I are driving down to my parents late tomorrow night for the weekend. We'll come back late Sunday night to hopefully avoid traffic. They live down the shore which is awesome in theory (free place to stay by the beach!) but the traffic on the Parkway will be a freaking nightmare. I'm excited to lay on the beach all weekend, though! I've only been down there once all summer so it'll be a good time!

Monday I'm doing nothing. 
    Ugh, for the longest time I was stranded in this weird place where Tiger MaidenName sounded weird and Tiger HisLastName sounded weird, too. I had a minor identity crisis. As much as I was ready to get rid of MaidenName (hello Miller.... way too common), it was still tough for me to get used to. 2.5 years in, I'm finally feeling comfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Hummingbird125 - YES it's been draggin!!  I'm on vacation next week!!  Sounds like a wonderful weekend you have planned!

@southernpeach89 - I'm jealous of your working from home, I miss having that luxury.  Love that picture of you guys!!

@CocoBellaF - One thing at a time, it'll all get done!

@thetimewillcome - I'm off all next week too!!  My goals are clean my house so I don't have to ask people coming over not to turn me over to the Hoarding: Buried Alive show.

@phira - I'm excited for Fall but I'm also starting to wonder how it feels like time is starting to slip away from me.  When we were kids summer seemed to last FOREVER and it was awesome, but now it all goes by so fast.

@IMcooper86 - Hope you find a house that you guys love soon!

@Peaseblossom55 - I totally don't feel like being at work either - my head just isn't "in the game".

@Swazzle - Sounds like a fun weekend!!

@BreMr - A garbage can wedding sounds pretty good right now!  I cannot believe your guests are acting so rediculous!!

@severmilli12 - YAY DRESS!!!

@LaPeanut1018 - Hope there's not too much more drama behind the bridal belt.  Hope you guys make it to the gym.

Anniversary
  • @BreMR - Ew! What a bitchy thing to say! 

@CocoBellaF - I love that one! I basically did a variation of that (I threw chicken breast, black beans, kidney beans, corn, Rotel, and tomato sauce) into the crockpot overnight on Monday and H and I have been bringing it for lunch all week. It makes things so much easier! 

@severmilli12 - YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEKEND OMG! 

@tuarceatha, @cu97tiger - Have the best time time ever!!!!

• Let me add to the maiden/married name discussion...

If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have changed my name.  It was a pain in the ass, and is likely still not changed everywhere.

I like my new name, but my work (retail, so not my forever job) took FOUR MONTHS to change my name (it's still not changed on my W-4, but that's all electronic so it won't take very long to do...hopefully).  Yea.  I get annoyed when people call me the wrong name, obviously.

Then we moved and I had to switch everything to the new address and that just isn't done yet.  I'm working on it!  Slowly.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I, for one, can't wait to change my name. I'm not close with my father at all, and my mom has my stepdad's last name, so I don't even share a last name with her. I have never liked my last name, and can't wait to have a short, simpler one - McCoy :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BreMR said:
    @Hummingbird125‌ I wish I had half the plans you do for September! It sounds delightful! @southernpeach89‌ you actually confirm that I want to do crossfit! There is one right by my house but my Fi works week nights from 4-12 and I have no child care:-/ I have no concrete plans this weekend, which is lame, and today I'm slightly annoyed for WR reasons... I actually can't believe how nutty some people are being about my wedding... I have one friend who's irate because I am choosing not to have bridesmaids, and when she asked what I'm doing for centerpieces I said I may not have them she told me "you might as well get married in a garbage can". Sweet. Also, since we checked with our VIPS before setting the date and location there were a handful of people who knew the details and put shit on fb so then we decided to send save the dates earlier so people weren't thinking they weren't invited..,,well my save the date is on fb as of this morning. Why would someone feel the need to share a wedding save the date that is not their own?! WHY?!? Agh.
    WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards