Wedding Woes

My roommate weirds me out

Dear Prudie,
I am a college freshman and I’m having roommate trouble. My roommate has some pretty peculiar habits which have started to make it uncomfortable to live with her. She is very anti-social and spends most of the time in the room. The only time she is not in the room is for classes and meals. I have invited her to dinner but she will not speak to me for the entire meal, even if it is just the two of us. The only thing that she will really talk to me about is her cats. She is very attached to these cats and keeps plastic bags of their fur with her at all times in her lanyard. Her whole demeanor makes me very uncomfortable because she doesn’t display emotion very well. I have spoken once to my RA who recommended I talk to her about our lack of communication. However when I brought it up she didn’t feel like it was a problem. I don’t know what to do! It’s not as though she is violating my personal space, but she just makes me feel unsettled.

—Worried About Roommate

Re: My roommate weirds me out

• Ick.  Atleast she keeps "just" cat hair.  I know of a person whose freshman roommate cut off a lank of this persons hair one night and put it on their own bulletin board.  Needless to say, this person moved out the next day.
  • Then show creepy roommate your ziplock Baggie of pubes. That's your kitty hair, thought you'd share.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had a roommate I barely talked to, and sometimes that's just how roommates are. Of course, this was overseas and she didn't speak good English or the language of the country we were in so we could barely communicate, but it wasn't really that uncomfortable that we didn't hang out. Being anti-social isn't always a disorder or a bad thing. Now the cat hair in bags . . . I joke about collecting my rabbit's hair when he sheds and making a soft, soft pillow, but I never have, because for me that would be weird.

• Still sounds better than my roommate who had sex in my bed with her fuck buddy and didn't change the sheets when I was gone one weekend, and then after they broke up because she was convinced they had a real relationship but they were just fuck buddies, she got depressed and washed her clothes but didn't dry them and left them in the basket for a week before deciding to try to dry them on top of the heater in our room.

• Still sounds better than my roommate who had sex in my bed with her fuck buddy and didn't change the sheets when I was gone one weekend, and then after they broke up because she was convinced they had a real relationship but they were just fuck buddies, she got depressed and washed her clothes but didn't dry them and left them in the basket for a week before deciding to try to dry them on top of the heater in our room.
    ::::VOM::::
  • AuntFlo said:
    Still sounds better than my roommate who had sex in my bed with her fuck buddy and didn't change the sheets when I was gone one weekend, and then after they broke up because she was convinced they had a real relationship but they were just fuck buddies, she got depressed and washed her clothes but didn't dry them and left them in the basket for a week before deciding to try to dry them on top of the heater in our room.
    ::::VOM::::
    Yeah, I had to leave for the weekend again because of the smell. I stripped the sheets off when I got back and washed them before I slept in my bed again.

• One time I had a roommate fill my entire bed with acorns because she was angry with me "never being home" ....
  • We had two roommates for about a year.  Of course, I cleaned the rooms well before they moved in and they cleaned when they moved out.

The rooms were perfectly spotless, cleaned with a carpet cleaner, everything was where I left it, etc...

A couple months later, I decide to clean all the closets in the house.  I go in to one of the closets.  There is just a big empty box and a bunch of hangers in it.  Great, just throw out the box and it's clean!

But behind the box...................behind the box was a grocery bag fill with.....something.  I picked it up and brought it closer and saw a "Trojan" label.  I am obviously a sick person because I peeked inside and found..............

Hundreds of USED condoms stuck back in their wrappers!!  EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

What's really weird is this guy didn't have a girlfriend, and as far as we know never had anyone in the house overnight.

• When I was an RA, I had a set of roommates where one was really outgoing (Sally) and the other was really introverted (Jane). Jane was voluntarily home schooled since middle school and didn't ever leave the room - not for Sally's lack or trying. Finally, the Sally set up a meeting with Jane and I because Jane was crying every day. Turns out, having a roomie was causing a mental breakdown. They didn't fight at all, this girl just needed her own space. I got her to go to counseling, where the psychologist was able to get her a single room so she could be more comfortable. I felt bad for her because they liked each other, Jane just really needed her space.
  • My roommate on university also had sex in my bed, let the condom and used bondage tape on it. And she used my digital camera to take ...inappropriate pictures that I didn't need to see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards