Georgia-Atlanta

A little "I do" in Georgia

My fiance' and i have to decided to get married (4/18/2015) in Georgia then travel on to Florida to Disney for our honeymoon, (we are both from Ohio). We are trying to find a venue for the ceremony and first night of our honeymoon in or near Macon, GA. We have a small wedding partying of ten people; looking for something intimate and outdoors. Any suggestions?

Re: A little "I do" in Georgia

• I would see if there is a local board for that area.

Anniversary
  • I'm getting married in macon at the brickyard at riverside. It's a golf course and they are extremely reasonable and flexible. Luis is the manager.
  • OP- I moved your thread to the Atlanta boads to assist you in getting more advice!

• OP, what's your budget? Do you want something in Macon, or anywhere around the Atlanta metro area? Let us know and the ladies here may have some great suggestions for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are traveling from Oh to Florida for the honeymoon. Anywhere around the Atlanta area. We have a very small wedding party ( only 8 folks), so we want somewhere intimate and cozy. Thank you:)
  • i will have to take a look at them, thank you:)
  • Take a look at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, Cator Woolford Gardens, and Piedmont Park. They have set fees for weddings, but you could probably negotiate a lower fee for just a small ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LottacrazyLottacrazy member
    First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Check out this place it's not far from Atlanta
    http://forresthillsresort.com/index.php/elopement-package.html
    Here is another venue also thelakehouseatavondale.com

• OP. How familiar are you with the Atlanta area? There's a lot of options. 

Piedmont park does a marathon of weddings (sadly it's in June). 

Logistically Historic Marietta Square is close to I-75 (in route to FL), but it's not the most cozy/intimate if you're walking by, local roads create the "square" perimeter. It looks like you can rent a portion of it by the hour. Went to college nearby, and enjoyed the area a lot. They've filmed a lot of stuff nearby and in the square the past few years, so it's possible to hide and ignore traffic there.

I'm most familiar with Johns Creek where I grew up, it has Autery Mill Nature Preserve, but it's burried in the suburb (say 30+minutes out of the way, not near I-75).  I don't know their rates nor policies. I volunteered there at the park, a lot when I was in highschool. I was a bit of a construction zone then, but today it has a number of historic buildings that are cleaned up and nice grounds, covered picnic area, and a separate sm indoor chapel (100 max). 

Note: These are all more DIY friendly vs all-inclusive. 
  • Hi!  You could try a B&B.  Lots will offer to put together a package for you.  The Veranda Inn is a great one in Senoia (about a 30 minute detour off I-75 and an hour north of Macon) that has a garden that is used for weddings.  It's a picturesque town (it played Woodbury in the Walking Dead, if you're a fan), and the B&B is super cute.
    http://verandabandbinn.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards