Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVPing Online

My fiance and I are a tight budget (as I'm sure most of you are) so we are trying to cut unnecessary expenses. We were thinking about having people RSVP online either through our website on TheKnot.com or via email. Our parents don't like the idea but they are also very traditional when it comes to wedding planning.  What do you all think? 

Re: RSVPing Online

• I did RSVPs online through TK's website. I highly recommend not doing it. There are a gazillions glitches and it didn't save half of our RSVPs. I think this is one of those things where you should spend the little extra money and have paper RSVPs. You could do postcards to make it cheaper. And you could have them printed through vistaprint or even print them yourself.
  • I'm personally not a fan of online RSVPs for a wedding.  Agree with misshart - postcards are cheaper.
  • I am not a fan of online RSVPs. What if you have guests who are not computer-savvy? What if the website glitches and you lose all of your RSVPs? What if the site goes down and your guests can't submit properly? Way too much room for error.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We offered the option of RSVPing online through our WW-based website and I would not recommend it. The problem is that if you mail someone a website address, they cannot simply click on a link - they have to type the full address into their browser. We had many non-computer savvy guests who had trouble with it, and then had my parents and MIL coming to us in a panic saying "Uncle Joe says your website does't work and he can't RSVP online!!" *sigh* I can only imagine they typed the address in wrong; H and I quadruple checked that the address was correct and we had plenty of guests who used the online RSVP without issue.

If I had my time back I would not have bothered.
    Anniversary

• We're doing online RSVP's but my sister bought a domain for us and designed our wedding website for us (so we didn't use Knot or WW). We do plan on sending out about 15 stamped RSVP cards with our invites to the older, less-computer-savvy guests though. 
    My sister did online RSVP's last year for her wedding and had no problems. 

Worst case scenario is that a couple of people get confused and you have to call them if you don't get their RSVP by the date. I think that's still better than paying for postage and wasting more paper. 
  • My son and his wife used an online RSVP and had no issues with it.  It was NOT The Knot or WW.  Their guests varied in age and computer skills.  They had a few non-RSVP's they needed to track down, but it was no more than my daughter, who used a traditional RSVP card. 

They used mywedding.com
  • I'm not a fan.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards