Honeymoon Discussions

Thailand

We want to go to Thailand for our honeymoon any advice?  Spots see, areas we must visit?  We are thinking of going for 2 weeks.  Thank you in advance. 

Re: Thailand

• Phuket is on my wishlist!  Sorry, no real help otherwise.  :)
  • I had my wedding in Thailand and have been many times!  You are making the RIGHT choice about going, it's absolutely wonderful.  Honeymoon/Beach-wise, I'd recommend the island of Koh Phangnan - it's quieter than it's neighbouring island of Koh Samui and the beaches are stunning.  There's also Koh Tao which is another close by island which had great diving, if you're into that.  

Southern Thailand is also very good, and I'd say as long as you go away from the big party beaches/islands (which you'll likely arrive at via ferry and/or airplane) and escape to quieter beaches.  

If you want to get into the jungle and see the traditional side of Thailand, Chiang Mai is the place. There is also an excellent elephant reserve there.  I would say though for two weeks, don't skip around too much because time will fly!  Do a 4 night minimum in each place if you can and keep in mind if you're going further than island hopping, travel will take up a lot of your time. 

Have a great time!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards