Ok so I was just the MOH in a friends wedding and had a horrible experience in my books, however wanted some feedback on whether or not I am being too sensitive. I have a 9 month old baby who is my world right now, and the bride has only seen my baby a handful of times, let alone formed any sort of a relationship with my daughter. Every time we talked it was about the wedding and nothing else. I found myself being resentful of this, especially as she included my daughter as a "honorary" flower girl, without even asking if that was ok! I think it is very fake of her to include my daughter as "prop" in her wedding when she hasn't even bothered to put in any time in getting to know her!!
Ok so now some of the highlights:
1) Told all bridesmaids they couldn't have a braid in their hair as she was to have the only braid
2) Made all bridesmaids purchase long dresses, then changed her mind and had us all pay for alterations to have them shortened
3) Made her caterer go to a restaurant to sample the pulled pork so they could match the taste because the caterer's version was not "savory" enough
4) Was very vocal about FMIL's dress choice and made her family feel bad because the dress didn't match the wedding colours
5) Purchased 2 bottles of nail polish that all 6 bridesmaids had to share so that we could all have exactly matching toenails
6) Acted like an entitled you-know-what at her bachelorette party, waving her cup around for people to refill her drink and then not saying thank you (and other similar behaviour)
7) Yelling at and being rude to the photographer to the point where her mother was apologizing for her behaviour
8) Yelling at the florist for the bouquets being too small and the fact that there were roses in her bouquet (the flowers were quite lovely IMHO)
9) Snubbed me royally in her thank you speech despite me planning and footing the entire bill for a beautiful shower I threw for her, an awesome weekend bachelorette party in another town (which I footed most of the bill and planned), organized and paid for wedding day brunch and mimosas, helped with DIY crafts, setting up her entire venue, dress fittings etc. But most of all, I left my baby girl for 2 nights for the first time to attend her bachelorette party. I know she thinks I dropped the ball in completing my MOH duties
I feel like this bride is rude, ungrateful and a bridezilla and am considering dropping this girl as a friend. I could tell that no one enjoyed being involved in this wedding as I did chat with the other bridesmaids. Am I being too sensitive?