Chit Chat

Just when you thought you've seen it all......

MobKazMobKaz member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2014 in Chit Chat
Apologies if this series has already been presented, but it is new to me.  I thought the back side bridesmaid photo was bad enough, but frontal??  I would love to know the thought process to number 8.  And, without meaning to offend our Disney loving brides, I just don't see how anyone would find theme dressing appropriate or attractive.  Many of the women in these photos look downright pained to be posing. 

http://www.brit.co/awkward-bridesmaid-photos/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Re: Just when you thought you've seen it all......

• I hope the bride in #2 paid for their bikini waxes...

• #9 is not a problem. Who cares if you put BMs in white and in one pic, can't tell who the bride is.
  • SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Most of those are new to me. And hilarious. The dated ones especially. Oh how far we've come and how much our children will likely mock us too.

I hope the Disney bride bought those dresses too. They are very specific and had to be expensive!

Edit- #8 is atrocious and I couldn't be friends with the girl that would dare ask that of me.
  • WTH?F! on #8    Ain't no way I would ever pose like that for a picture with some random groomsmen let alone my H. Wrong on so many levels. 
  • These are so wrong on so many levels. Showing panties is totally unexcusable.

Which is why I'm saving the photo on my phone so I can show it to my BM when I see her tonight. I want to see her reaction!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so glad that none of my wedding photos look remotely like those.

• levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    How is no one commenting about #7!?!

ETA: I'm a dork.  It was #8 and has been commented on.  But seriously, WTF???  

• How do these conversations go?

"Hey guys, can all 9 of you please stand in that jacuzzi tub here at the hotel? I'll will be so perf! Oh, no sorry, not me too, I'll just sit outside the tub. We won't have room for 10"
  • Thanks for the laugh

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm super confused about the avocado one, (though they look like limes to me) the bridesmaids look just as confused
  • Wow, these were great! Thank you for posting!

Senecaf said:
    Most of those are new to me. And hilarious. The dated ones especially. Oh how far we've come and how much our children will likely mock us too. I hope the Disney bride bought those dresses too. They are very specific and had to be expensive! Edit- #8 is atrocious and I couldn't be friends with the girl that would dare ask that of me.
    Yes I think this all the time! 

#8 is so bad I almost want the back story of it even happened!!!

I am not a fan of any of the panty ones for obvious reasons, but #6 doesn't seem as bad. It seems like it could have been an impromptu funny moment. While #5 it was clearly a posed awkward shot, and these girls are prob rolling their eyes as their bums hang out!

Anniversary
  • In #9, I think those outfits are actually a really light/powder blue. The flash and/or age of the photo makes it more washed-out.
  • #19- The looks on their faces says, "what the fuck am I holding this for?"

*msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Didn't any of these broads learn in kindergarten not to lift their dress up? Just because your undies say something doesn't mean you need to flash the whole world.

• The expressions on most of these women makes me wonder why not ONE would have the spine to tell the bride, "NO"!  I would much prefer to keep my dignity intact, than to allow a photo to be taken and spread throughout cyberspace.  And although not a fan, these photos certainly make those silly robe pictures look tame in comparison. 
  • One word. Wow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So ... wait. I CAN'T actually put my bridesmaids in ridiculous flower-print dresses, humongous tulle "sunhats", and make their bouquets out of limes and bananas? 

Sad day. 

Related: I vote we make Comic Sans the Official Sarcasm Font. I mean, it's the biggest joke of a font we've got, right?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • #6 was for some sort of a PR shoot or marketing campaign, so I'm willing to bet that many of the others are as well.

So basically, they're fake.
  • #6 was for some sort of a PR shoot or marketing campaign, so I'm willing to bet that many of the others are as well.

So basically, they're fake.

***Sadly, that won't stop some bride-to-be to consider it for her wedding.
  • My mother was married in '79 and her three BM's wore hats.  I guess it was the style at the time.

STOP SHOWING YER ASS!  It's embarassing!

• bwybwy member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    The disney bride made her wedding dress, and she made some of the others or they made their own. I think the wedding was lovely. http://malindachan.deviantart.com/gallery/35114547/Wedding

• The only person seeing my butt on my wedding day will be my FH.
    eyeroll
  • In #9, I think those outfits are actually a really light/powder blue. The flash and/or age of the photo makes it more washed-out.
    I think you are right. I don't think any of those woman are the bride. It's one of those pictures with the groom and the bridesmaids.

• If my friend asked me to show my ass for her wedding pictures she wouldn't be my friend anymore.
  • I am appalled by the ones that are appalling, of course!

But what I find more interesting, are the earnest ones. I am sure some of them, the dresses, the poses, seemed like a good idea at the time. No one thought they would be laughable one day. Although I think bonnets look stupid all the time, no matter why they are worn.

When I was a MOH, the photographer had the BM's pose in a chorus line, lifting our skirts to the knee. It was ok, but was no big deal. The flower girl looked cute doing it though.

• The "trend" of showing your underwear needs to end now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards