Connecticut
Options

DOC for Society Room

Any of the brides who had their reception at the Society Room have an opinion plus or minus to having a day of coordinator? Was having the venue coordinator enough?? Thanks :)

Re: DOC for Society Room

• Options
    Jessie42613Jessie42613 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    I didn't get married at the Society Room but I feel like I've been a bridesmaid in a zillion weddings and I think if you have the extra money in the budget, a DOC is always a good idea.  Personally, having a DOC was really important to me because I didn't want to worry about dealing with anything on my wedding day, and I've been a BM in weddings with a DOC, and weddings without, and there's just no comparison .  Even with a venue coordinator, things flow so much smoother and better when you have a DOC.  You're just taken care of so much better.

We went with Jen Strunk and she was an absolute lifesaver, but I know some of the girls on here have other recommendations too!

Edit: last sentence got cut off
  • Options
    I know that my DOC is doing an event at the Marquee, which is similar to the society room, so it's not out of the norm! Perfect Circle Occasions- Becky if you're interested!! I feel like having a DOC if you have the budget is great no matter where you are.
  • Options
    Chiming in to say that I agree if you are able to afford a DOC, do it. It was worth every penny! We also went with Jen Strunk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great thanks so much everyone!! 
  • Options
    We used Kia from Estoccasions.  She was my full planner and DOC planner for my maid of honor.   Can't express how happy we were!
    counting down to the big day
  • Options
    Melissa from Paramount wedding designs...I used her in August at aria! Deff worth every penny
  • Options
    My daughter had her reception at Society Room. They were very attentive and took care of all the details. She didn't have a DOC and she didn't need one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards