Chit Chat

Went to a wedding yesterday

Both the ceremony and reception were at a local golf course.

The ceremony was outdoors, at 4 pm. Every butt had a seat. The ceremony itself took all of ten minutes. Everybody heads inside. The BP takes off on golf carts for pictures.

Hors d'oeuvres are available. And water on the tables. The "hosted" bar didn't start until 5:45, which is also when dinner was being served. Not even coffee was available. If anybody wanted a non-water drink before 5:45pm, they had to pay. After dinner plates were cleared, everybody sat around for another 30 minutes or so while... nothing happened. The B&G just sort of wandered around talking to people. Then the DJ announced it was time for "How Well Do You Know the Bride and Groom" trivia. The hosted bar was only to last until 8:45pm, then turn into a cash bar.

I left during the trivia game, before the cake was even cut.

Re: Went to a wedding yesterday

• Sounded good until the cash bar and the trivia made it even worse. I would have left too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nothing happened?  There was no dancing?  No music?  No....anything?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Were they doing table visits? There must have been something going on.

Trivia though?? Honestly who the fuck wants to play/watch bride and groom trivia. And cash bar? Boooo. Were people hoarding drinks? I would have for sure.
  • Sounds like the lamest shit ever.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Sounds like my nieces wedding. While waiting during their pictures, we had access to one, ONE, water fountain. No music, no apps, no cups for said water. Boredom ran rampant. The food was okay, not my taste, but at least it was semi edible. I've been to some weddings where you couldn't even eat the food it was that bad. It was a dry wedding, but at least no cash bar. Oh, and cupcakes for dessert, that part was yummy. Left early because it was a Friday and the hubby had to work the next day.
  • There was music but nobody was dancing. The bridal party had not been introduced or anything like that. The bride and groom were not doing table visits and didn't do any while I was there. Maybe they did after I left? The bride is H's niece and we were sitting at one of the the bride's family tables. B&G were just standing around talking, mostly to their friends -- bride and groom are early 20s, they were talking to people their age.

It wasn't a very big reception (holiday weekend, after all). I'd say there were 75 guests, tops.

• Ugh. Trivia.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hate the trivia thing. Too bad for the short time span on the cash bar. Sounds a little boring altogether!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh man, it started out so promising. Boo.

• Trivia? Puuuke.
  • Sounds like a disaster.  And trivia?  How tacky!  
  • Sounds like a disaster.  And trivia?  How tacky!  

It's not tacky. It's just something many people find lame.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think its one of those things it depends on your crowd. I think a few well constructed questions to make the crowd laugh and have a good time, is fine. It goes on longer than say 10 minutes, and it gets lame. The questions are stupid and boring, its lame. Most spotlight things done at the wedding are AW; first dance, toasts, cake cutting. They are probably boring and lame to somebody. Trivia games are just another part of it. But if done short and funny are no big deal to me. The ones that go on and on and are not funny, then I will get up and leave to go entertain myself, same with a too long first dance, too many toasts, etc.
  • In my mind, the bride got that idea from the TK post about the bridal party playing Jeopardy for three hours while the guests watched.

• AddieCake said:
    Sounds like a disaster.  And trivia?  How tacky!  

It's not tacky. It's just something many people find lame.
    I laughed out loud at that.  I thought it was somewhat implied.  I would find bride and groom trivia completely lame, and AWish.  I would find some excuse to duck out of the reception for a few minutes during it.  I know it's rude, but I do have a famously small bladder.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards