Wedding Invitations & Paper

Names on return address

GApeachesGApeaches member
First Anniversary First Comment
My family and my fiance's family are both contributing to the wedding costs. There are some of our parents' friends who may not recognize just our first names, so I feel like I need to include our last names somehow in the return address area for our save the dates. How should I go about this?

"The GroomsLastName Family & The BridesLastName Family
123 Easy Street
Anytown, SC. 11111"

"GroomsLastName & BridesLastName
123 Easy Street
Anytown, SC. 11111"

"GroomsFirstName GroomsLastName & BridesFirstName BridesLastName
123 Easy Street
Anytown, SC. 11111"

Re: Names on return address

• edited September 2014

Won't the guests be able to figure out who everyone is, by the wedding invitation? Put the names of the person who is receiving the RSVPs. The invitation, itself, reflects who is hosting, not the return addresses.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    These are for the STDs, not invitations, MairePoppy! For your parents' friends, I would put their names in the return addresses.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks Addie.

• First, financial contribution does not equal hosting. So, who is contributing what doesn't really apply.  And this doesn't really have anything to do with who is hosting anyway, since it just to clarify who is getting married to family acquaintances that may not know you well.

Some people may know you by first name (some of your friends/acquaintances may not know your last names well), some (like parents friends) may only recognize last names. So, for that situation, I think it may be best to use first & last names for both.

And also, I think the brides name is supposed to be first on all wedding related correspondence.  So that would mean it should be "Bride first last & Groom first last". 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards