Ohio-Columbus

Summer weather for outdoor cermonies

Does anyone have experience with attending or having a wedding in July or August? My fiance and I have FINALLY synched our schedules, and we do the last two weekends of July through the first two weekends of August of next year for our wedding.

I know that is the most humid and hottest time of year, but we are stuck. What would you ladies do-July or August??

Re: Summer weather for outdoor cermonies

• Either way you go it will most likely be very hot. I am getting married in july 2015. we are having ours at a place that is both indoor and outdoor. we are going to try and have the wedding outside if the weather isn't to bad. if not we will move it inside and just take some pics outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    We had a July wedding and held it indoors bc we were afraid it would be hot, we were correct ~ it was in the 90's. We were more concerned about our guests than having an outdoor ceremony. Having a backup plan like Tanya is a good way to go. Overheated guests would definitely put a damper on the day. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• melbensomelbenso member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    My wedding was in late June and the ceremony was outdoors.  Usually, temperatures that time of year are in the high 70s to low 80s at the time of day our ceremony took place.  Forecast up to the day before said 82 degrees as a high - so right on target.  Whelp, it was a little over 90 at the time our ceremony started.  Had I realized it was that hot (and not just me being super warm in my three layers of dress and veil when we were outside for pictures before the ceremony) I probably would have asked our DOC to move the ceremony to our indoor back up space.

It was pretty hot. Anticipating that this might be the case, we had a water station for our guests on arrival - just some coolers of ice water and glasses next to the table with the programs.  It was very a very simple thing to do for our guests' comfort.  They really appreciated it.

Our ceremony was pretty short (the minister even cut down on one of the sections he prepared to shorten it).  I also made damn sure we started precisely on time.  I had no intention of making my guests wait anyway, but I wasn't going to have them sit outside for a second longer than they had to.

And the next day, the high was 75 degrees.  So... Ohio weather.  It's unpredictable. Just make sure you have a back up plan.
  • Make sure you have a (air conditioned) back-up plan if you move forward with this.  

I went to a wedding last summer in mid-June and it was 93 degrees and really humid.  Even though they had bottles of water available and some shade canopy it didn't make it any less miserable for everyone.

I would think anything over 80 and you are starting to push it past most people's comfort factor for being outside in nice clothes.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • It gets so hot that time of year. I'd make sure to get a venue that has a nice indoor ceremony space as well. You'd hate to have sweaty, grumpy guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards