Chit Chat
Options

Fashion Advice

Y'all- I am going to a wedding this weekend and got a detailed email from the bride and groom about activities. They are H's friends, so I am a bit out of the loop. I took out a lot of details, but here is part of it. H and I are both white. We have been to Indian weddings before, but this is the first one we are going to that both of them are Indian, so it is going to be a lot more traditional than the others we have attended. I may be able to borrow a sari from a friend, but that still leaves me with some holes in my outfit planning.....

Friday, Sangeet:
(For those not familiar with what a sangeet is, it is an Indian tradition to have a pre-party the night before the wedding ceremony. Think of it as a welcome party, with music, food, and drinks. Dress is semi-formal, and if you have any indian clothes, please feel free to wear it to this event)

Saturday: 

Attire:

Wedding – Indian clothes or semi-formal

Reception – Formal wear

Schedule:

Baraat – 11am

Wedding Ceremony – 12pm

Lunch & Activities  - 1:30pm

(Between Lunch and Cocktails, you will have time to take a shuttle bus back to the hotels to change into reception attire, if needed)

Doli / Cocktail – 5pm

Dinner and Reception – 6:30pm - 11pm

So, what on earth do I pack to wear to this weekend?! I am cruising RTR, but I don't have much in the way of formal wear....

Re: Fashion Advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards